Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sgarringer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Me and the GF were walking through downtown Cedar Rapids yesterday. Saw this at this old warehouse building and it just struck me as very odd.

IMAG0088.sized.jpg

Here's a little closer view of the logo:

IMAG0087.sized.jpg

Maybe if other people have pictures of weird places they've found Apple logos, they could post them here. I've been following the forums for awhile and havn't ever seen any discussion like that.

sgarringer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
stoid said:
Ahhhh, just look at that sleek white enclosure! I can see Steve now....

"...the backs of our buildings look nicer than the front of our competitors..."

that is the front of the building though...
:D

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Should grab a Dell sticker and put it on the trash bin if you plan on walking that way again.

MacNeXT

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2004
On another note: Will I get Apple stickers with the iBook 12" 1,2GHz that I expect to be delivered to me this week???

sgarringer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
neoelectronaut said:
I did this one myself, so it's not so weird.

...Then again, maybe it is.

on an unrelated note -- anyone know where i can find a cheap used dreamcast? my power supply is failing and will randomly reset during gameplay. its quite annoying.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I wonder what type of a business is located inside. Hope that they do indeed use Mac's. :cool:

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
MacNeXT said:
On another note: Will I get Apple stickers with the iBook 12" 1,2GHz that I expect to be delivered to me this week???

nope, they stopped that a little while ago, unfortunately... i think they're trying to cut back costs as much as possible.

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
my friend stuck one of the apple stickers, that came with my other friend's ibook, on his Asus laptop (where it would have been if it was a mac). i find it pretty funny. he is one of the biggest anti mac people i know, then one day i he comes to school with the apple sticker on his laptop. (he has also bought a used quicksilver since then)

aethier

*Y*

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2004
VA
A couple days ago I was at a Daily Grind. They had apple logos on a menu to make references. On the bottom there was a note as to what they meant.

MacNeXT

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2004
mgargan1 said:
nope, they stopped that a little while ago, unfortunately... i think they're trying to cut back costs as much as possible.

:( BOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
mgargan1 said:

really???!?! when was this? are you sure? thats pretty sad, i like getting something for free :D

micvog

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2003
mgargan1 said:

Not true. I received them with my 12" PowerBook purchased in May of this year, and my 17" iMac just purchased a week ago. In both cases it was in the warranty book - just flip through it and the stickers will come flying out.

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
in an Istanbul taxi

back on topic,

I saw a rainbow Apple logo sticker in an Istanbul taxi. It was stuck in the top left corner of the guages, right behind the steering wheel. I asked the driver if he uses Apple computers. This was difficult because I can't speak Turkish and he didn't understand my English. My impression was that his answer was "no" and also that he had no idea how that sticker got there and why it was there. It probably wasn't his cab.

Maybe toughboy put it there? Someone oughta ask him.

I didn't have a digital camera on me and my JVC HD10 was back at the hotel. I was in Turkey to shoot a documentary.

pinks

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2003
EH3
mgargan1 said:

I got two white apple stickers with my 1.5gig PB about a month ago - perhaps they've stopped this in the move to the G5 processor-based machines?

sgarringer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Inkmonkey said:
I bet someone here has an Apple logo tattoo. C'mon, fess up.

at one point i found a website with a couple of doods and a chic that had Apple tats. I guess the chic got a job @ Apple, but she claims it wasnt B/C of the tat.

numark

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2004
Buffalo, NY
pinks said:
I got two white apple stickers with my 1.5gig PB about a month ago - perhaps they've stopped this in the move to the G5 processor-based machines?
Nope, still came with my Power Mac G5 from about a month ago. I don't see any reason to believe that they're stopped passing out stickers with machines. I've heard that they're even in the iPod Photo boxes now.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i did something horrible. i put a celeron and a "designed for windows xp" sticker on my exo3 and then put it on my ipod...i've seen this guy that has an apple logo on his guitar case but i guess that's not too weird

iceTrX

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2004
Outside of Detroit.
numark said:
Nope, still came with my Power Mac G5 from about a month ago. I don't see any reason to believe that they're stopped passing out stickers with machines. I've heard that they're even in the iPod Photo boxes now.

The free iPod Photo with the $499 Apple Stickers is the dealmaker for me... ;)

spencecb

Suspended
Nov 20, 2003
You most certainly will get the two white Apple stickers with the purchase of any new Mac. I just got my iMac G5 a couple of weeks ago, and I received them with it. I haven't used them yet though...unsure of where to put them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.