Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thevessels

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
is there a way to cycle through your safari web windows just like apple+tab shuffles through your different apps?
if so i gottttsta know!
if not expose will continue to do..
-chris

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
jsw said:
?-~ cycles through windows, Shift-?-~ cycles through tabs in a window.

Actually, Shift-Command-Arrow goes between tabs...

superninjagoat

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2004
Apex, N.C
Note: that works in any application, with the exception that shift-command-~ cycles through windows in reverse.

And at least on my machine, the shift-command-~ does not cycle through tabs, but windows in reverse order.

EDIT: and with the shift-command-(L or R) arrow shortcut listed above, we have the answer to my conundrum above.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Yup, as pointed out, I meant 'arrow', not '~'. Sorry! But I did use the cool '⌘' symbol. ;)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
jsw said:
Yup, as pointed out, I meant 'arrow', not '~'. Sorry! But I did use the cool '?' symbol. ;)

How exactly do you get that cool '?' symbol? Aside from copy and paste, which I just did...

Edit: Which apparently didn't work once I posted???

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
emw said:
How exactly do you get that cool '?' symbol? Aside from copy and paste, which I just did...

Edit: Which apparently didn't work once I posted???
Ah, grasshopper...

Use the HTML code (one decent source of which can be found here). For example, to get the ⌘ symbol, you'd type:

Code:
&#8984

where you wanted to place the symbol. Now... how did I get that to show up without showing the symbol? ;)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Hint: it isn't by putting it in a code block. I can put both the symbol '⌘' and the code for it (&#8984) in a normal sentence.

coconn06

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2003
King of Prussia, PA
jsw said:
Ah, grasshopper...

Use the HTML code (one decent source of which can be found here). For example, to get the ⌘ symbol, you'd type:

Code:
&#8984

where you wanted to place the symbol. Now... how did I get that to show up without showing the symbol? ;)

You used the code for '&' instead of the actual '&': &#8984. Tada!

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
jsw said:
Ah, grasshopper...

Use the HTML code (one decent source of which can be found here). For example, to get the ? symbol, you'd type:

Code:
&#8984

I've got ½ a mind to use that as an ⌥ from now on.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
emw said:
I've got ½ a mind to use that as an ⌥ from now on.
Speaking of which, I've never found the '⌥' symbol to be particularly intuitive. It just doesn't scream 'option' to me. The ⌘ key wouldn't be intuitive either - except that it's right there on the keyboard....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.