PDA

View Full Version : Firefox challenges Explorer

Stampyhead
Nov 9, 2004, 01:35 PM
Thought this was an interesting article featured on CNN.com today about Firefox and its growing popularity:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/11/09/mozilla.firefox/index.html

The article is PC-centric and doesn't mention Macs at all, but it's good to see that someone is nipping at Explorer's heels!

russed
Nov 9, 2004, 02:03 PM
quite frankly it serves microsoft right. they have let internet explorer slip so far the cometition it doesnt even deserve to be that much used as it is

mcadam
Nov 9, 2004, 02:29 PM
Yep, they sure deserve all the competition they can get, and it do look like they're getting some now. I think way over half the people I know use firefox, safari or camino...

Hopefully things like firefox and iPod will generally open up peoples eyes to alternatives to m$... yes, I think there might still be hope...

A

slooksterPSV
Nov 9, 2004, 04:08 PM
Nice article. Cnet is recommending ppl to use firefox over IE. Actually I've seen a lot of sites doing that lately, just because of the holes in IE.

earthtoandy
Nov 9, 2004, 04:21 PM
even places like colleges (who tend to always make you use explorer) are recommending firefox.

i think that microsoft has actually silently conceeded to firefox. It seems they have dropped explorer. Thank god.

slooksterPSV
Nov 9, 2004, 04:23 PM
That reminds me, I told my teacher about it in Web Design, he put Firefox on all of the computers there. I was running it first and that, and I showed it to him and he installed it on every computer remotely. Gosh I love what macs can do.

1macker1
Nov 9, 2004, 04:33 PM
I.E works just fine for me.