PDA

View Full Version : 15" STUDIO DISPLAY WOES

JosiahPB
Nov 15, 2004, 10:14 AM
I just bought this moniter for 5 dollars simply because it worked part of the time. It has to be in the right spot or I have to hold it in that spot for it to work. Any suggestions, tips,....bids? THANKS

JosiahPB
Nov 15, 2004, 10:16 AM
Here's the picture of the moniter not working...also, I had it on the entire day yesterday working fine, but this morning I moved it and it went back to its old self. Anyone know how much this could cost to fix, or what the problem is? Thanks again

ryan42
Nov 15, 2004, 06:20 PM
Does it just have to be tilted right or is it in the cable?

Macmaniac
Nov 15, 2004, 06:32 PM
Maybe you could build a device that presses on that spot, or tilts the monitor so it works. Could be a loose cable.

Chubypig
Nov 15, 2004, 06:50 PM
Duct tape of course :D

JosiahPB
Nov 15, 2004, 07:38 PM
im not sure if its the cable, but its been working all day, so the screen is fine. i think ill take it to the apple store in des moines sometime. any other ideas?

pepeleuepe
Nov 15, 2004, 08:32 PM
I had a similar problem with an old CRT monitor. I never took the time to fix it, but I'm almost sure its simply a shorted or loose cable somewhere in there. I'm not sure if its worth it to have a tech look at it, but it might be. Also, be careful looking at it yourself, CRT monitors have deadly components in them if you're not careful.