PDA

View Full Version : My Mac will not read any DVD I burn on it

aanderson
Nov 15, 2004, 10:12 PM
I've tried just about everything I can think of and can not get this G4 667 I have to read any of the dvds I've burned on it . I can burn data, you name it any format and I can take it to another mac and it'll work fine but when I pop it back in mine it doesn't read it. The machine just ejects it without even mounting it. Does anybody have any clue to what the problem might be? I checked the regions the firmware and I just don't know. Should I just buy another machine or can somebody help me fix this one? I would be greatful for any feedback. Thanks

Double A

CanadaRAM
Nov 16, 2004, 02:12 AM
Yes, you need a G5 Dual 2.5. Go and order it today. Tell your spouse it's the only solution to the problem. :-)

Seriously -- we need more info
What software are you using to burn the DVD's -- DiskBurner or Toast or ?
What drive do you have, Apple Superdrive or an aftermarket DVD- or +RW?
Are your blanks DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R or DVD+RW?
Does your G4 drive read commerical DVDs or other DVD-Rs that have been recorded elsewhere?

Thanks
Trevor

ozric79
Apr 12, 2005, 06:43 PM
i have a 1,8 dual g5 and i burned the dvd with toast 6.0.9
and it burn and mount and it work but 1 day after i can't read

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

helppppp

JzzTrump22
Apr 12, 2005, 09:01 PM
Don't know if this will help, but try repairing permissions.

obeygiant
Apr 12, 2005, 09:31 PM
hey, this might seem futile, but change dvd/cd brands. My brother was having big problems burning anything with memorex discs. So go out and buy a different brand. Verbatim works for me. Also make sure the DVD write speed is compatible with the burner, i.e. 4x dvds have trouble on 2x burners.