PDA

View Full Version : The Cult of Mac

rdowns
Nov 16, 2004, 07:00 PM
Amazon sent me an email about this book being published months ago and I ordered it. It was supposed to ship in September and I finally got it last week. Geesh, talk about a reality book.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1886411832/qid=1100653150/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-3185662-5038356?v=glance&s=books

All I can say is run out and buy this book. Very nice hardcover with tons of pics and cool Apple stories. 250 pages of easy to read anecdotes, stories and Apple nuts. MacRumors even has a mention in the book. Coffee table quality book with a very cool cover illustration of the back of a guys head with the Apple logo shaved into his head.

wdlove
Nov 16, 2004, 08:32 PM
The book certainly has a very interesting book cover. It's nice to be recognized as the close knit group that we have become over our beloved Mac. Hopefully I will get a chance to see the book in person.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1886411832.01._PE34_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Solafaa
Nov 17, 2004, 08:05 AM
I ordered the book 3 days ago, i hope it gets here soon :D. I saw the author on the screen savers, the book looks intresting.

SiliconAddict
Nov 17, 2004, 04:11 PM
The book certainly has a very interesting book cover. It's nice to be recognized as the close knit group that we have become over our beloved Mac. Hopefully I will get a chance to see the book in person.

Dude you do realize that being called a cult is NOT a compliment and generally isn't a good thing...right? :rolleyes:

zelmo
Nov 17, 2004, 04:15 PM
Dude you do realize that being called a cult is NOT a compliment and generally isn't a good thing...right? :rolleyes:

Sounds like someone needs another session in the Happy Room with Steve-O :rolleyes:

If my wife doesn't get me this book for Christmas, I'm going to have to get it for myself. Would you like a flower, my friend?

stcanard
Nov 17, 2004, 05:12 PM

<Batman music> na na na na na na na na Leader!

Sounds like somebody needs to be taken out to the country, fed some gruel taught to chant "Steve Jobs is our unquestioned leader", so he can feel better!

decksnap
Nov 17, 2004, 05:34 PM
The only problem with this book for people like us is that it probably won't have too much stuff in it that you haven't already read. I've been reading Leander's Cult of Mac blog for about a year now... I figure that's the same stuff that's in the book- yet if it's really interesting it usually ends up over here in this circle anyway.

Not that this should stop you from getting it for historical value alone.

aricher
Nov 17, 2004, 07:02 PM
Yes... must have book.. put on pajamas... drink the kool aid.

BTW - it's on my xmas list - not that I need another computer book but... must have book.