PDA

View Full Version : Firefox weird problem.

slooksterPSV
Nov 16, 2004, 11:27 PM
Hey the forums button on the website is very strange. it has missing lines and color and its transparent on the side basically and yeah their are missing pixels. Its not like that with IE or Safari, but I just thought I would let you know.

Mudbug
Nov 16, 2004, 11:31 PM
can you take a screen shot for us?

Rower_CPU
Nov 17, 2004, 12:29 AM
Looks fine to me - Firefox 1.0, OS X 10.3.6

angelneo
Nov 17, 2004, 03:54 AM
looks fine to me as well. Firefox 0.8 on windows and firefox 1.0 on windows

raytube
Nov 17, 2004, 02:01 PM
Hi,
I've seen a similar funny effect like that using Firefox 1 on an eMac running 10.3.6, it appears to be an issue with the graphics card as far as I can tell. The same site is fine on my other Macs using Firefox 1.

Cheers,

Rick

jimsowden
Nov 17, 2004, 08:53 PM
Why do people use firefox for mac? Camino (coccoa) and Safari seem so much better.

slooksterPSV
Nov 17, 2004, 11:16 PM
I only use Firefox to check my email on google. Since I only have Jaguar I can only get version 1.0.2 of Safari or something like that.

jkeithh
Nov 18, 2004, 06:12 AM
Why do people use firefox for mac? Camino (coccoa) and Safari seem so much better.

I can only speak from personal experience, but I have found websites that use Java don't work very well on Safari. Like I said, that is just my personal experience and other people may have different feelings about Safari but the same websites work fine in Firefox.

Stpauleboy
Nov 19, 2004, 01:12 PM
Has anyone else had a problem with firefox crashing on them? i have a pm g5 dp 2.5 and everytime i hit the bookmarks tab in firefox it crashes. I reloaded it with different versions, one was supposed to be optimised for g5 macs, and it still happens every time. :confused:

slooksterPSV
Nov 19, 2004, 01:38 PM
I could go try it in my Web Design class. Try repairing permissions, mine are bad lately.

crazzyeddie
Nov 20, 2004, 07:16 AM
I've found Firefox to be: more stable, faster, compatible than Safari, especially the G4/G5 optimized versions. Not to mention the extensions you can get, like the FlashBlocker that prevents Flash ads from loading (which usually slows my computer to a crawl).

And to stick to topic, I have no problems with any part of this site on Firefox, but have on Safari in the past.

latergator116
Nov 25, 2004, 02:19 PM
I find Safari to be very bloated and slow. I also can't stand the stop button that doubles up as a refresh button. And as someone has already mentioned, it has trouble loading certain web pages.

bux
Nov 25, 2004, 03:13 PM
I find Safari to be very bloated and slow.
What is Safari is bloated?
Safari is the cleanest web browser I have ever used, and I have used quite a lot.

As for the speed, the only web browser with the same speed (yes speed, not slowness) I have used is konqueror and I do know why that is too :)
Safari is fast to launch and fast to use too.

Maybe it's just my personal experience I don't know, but I really love Safari.

latergator116
Nov 25, 2004, 03:36 PM
What is Safari is bloated?
Safari is the cleanest web browser I have ever used, and I have used quite a lot.

As for the speed, the only web browser with the same speed (yes speed, not slowness) I have used is konqueror and I do know why that is too :)
Safari is fast to launch and fast to use too.

Maybe it's just my personal experience I don't know, but I really love Safari.

I used to love Safari, but it seems as if it has gotten slower with all the updates. I love the interface, but it just wish it was a little faster. It is still a million times better than IE though. ;)