Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afd

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
I have been trying to get my eye tv application running on my iMac to work with the eyetv app on my iPhone 4 and iPad. A month or so, the various then current versions of the app would allow everything to work on my iPhone 3G and not on my iPad. Now with updated eyetv apps on all 3 devices, it only works when stealth mode is turned off in the iMacs firewall setting. I have a g5 iMac running leopard.
Anyone else experienced this? Also, how bad a thing is turning off stealth mode?
I was unsure where to post this but went for this section.

Mr. Savage

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
Toronto
I'm not positive but I think the newer versions of eyetv software require an intel Mac for everything to work properly. Maybe post your question at the "eyetv lounge" site. Elgato's tech-support guys answer many of the questions posted there.

afd

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
Elgato support forum is great - check 'em out.

I'm not positive but I think the newer versions of eyetv software require an intel Mac for everything to work properly. Maybe post your question at the "eyetv lounge" site. Elgato's tech-support guys answer many of the questions posted there.

You need an intel mac for watching live tv, watching recordings works. At least it did with stealth mode off. It's also useful to set it to record remotely.

foshizzle

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
you aren't alone - I've been having this issue with my macbook pro (2009). I have to turn the firewall off for the iOS app to work. If not, my kernel and firewall logs get flooded with connection attempts from the iOS app (plus it doesn't connect the device)

Been trying to get this fixed for a while.

afd

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
Have you filed a bug report?

No. Like I said before, I didn't have a positive experience with their support before so I posted here. Looking at their site they seem to know about it as they recommend turning off stealth mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.