Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saqe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
hey and thanks for looking at my topic, i really need help becasue i really dont know what to do.

everytime to go to update software it quits and asks me if i want to send a report. it's been like then for weeks, an i tried various times.

i tried to download it from the site, but i have no idea how to install it sice i only been on mac for 1 month.

also, when i get a messege on my msn that i have an emal and click on it, appleworks opens. i have no idea what to do to fix it. and it does that on every link that is on my mac (example a link on a traning program cd)

any help at all would be appreciated.
:confused: :confused:

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Have you repaired permissions?

Application --> Utilities -->Disk Utility; select your hard drive and click repair permissions.

saqe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
i dont see utilities on my applications and on finder under Go ther eis utilities.. but when i click nothing opens

srphoto

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2004
I am pretty new to Macs myself (and happy), so I cant really help, but if there is a apple store nearby you can go in and theyll help u.

saqe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
how would i install the update from the site, ones i download it i open it.. and i have no clue where to click... its just a bunch of files :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
saqe said:
i dont see utilities on my applications and on finder under Go ther eis utilities.. but when i click nothing opens

Scroll down ... there should be a blue folder called "Utilities." Then just select "Disk Utility," and press the "Repair Permissions" button.

Let us know how it goes.

saqe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
i dont have a utilities folder.. i search in applications..and its not there.. not in Macintosh HD..

i when to the site and download idisk utility.. might this be it?.. if it is.. i cant install it.. ones i click on it it just opens folders

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
saqe said:
i dont have a utilities folder.. i search in applications..and its not there.. not in Macintosh HD..

i when to the site and download idisk utility.. might this be it?.. if it is.. i cant install it.. ones i click on it it just opens folders
That's not what you need.

Are you the only user of the computer? It sounds like you might have a limited access account. :confused:

Good luck,

Tim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.