Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Should be arriving today, I will post some pics when I get it for all you guys that were interested in seeing it. Not much of a reviewer though

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Haha, do people scam this forum so bad nobody believes anyone anymore..wow

Photo1.jpg

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Definitely post pictures, Dude. Mine won't ship until later this week due to the black bezel. :(

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Here you go guy's. It came in some wood shavings so still have to get those off the case. I can tell you that it is light and beautiful. Vey nice work by Grove. Will try it on the phone with my PS film and let you know about the fit

photo-10.jpg

photo-9.jpg

photo-8.jpg

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Nice pictures! For sure update with pictures of it on the phone, if you don't mind. :)

spyder321

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
Just got my plain Grove Made case today also and I'm not happy at all with it, the case makes the phone too bulky, I just emailed them so I can return the case and get a refund, it's a great wood case but the phone feels huge in my hand with the case on, feels like I'm holding a EVO...

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Just got my plain Grove Made case today also and I'm not happy at all with it, the case makes the phone too bulky, I just emailed them so I can return the case and get a refund, it's a great wood case but the phone feels huge in my hand with the case on, feels like I'm holding a EVO...

Wait so you ordered the wooden case expecting it to make the phone feel thinner and now complaining it's bulky? Are you serious? Hey I just bought an SUV but I'm returning it cause i expected it to be the same size as a car. I hope your refund gets denied. :rolleyes:

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
So I am impressed with this case. It does add bulk...but what case doesn't, it actually feels A LOT better than what I was expecting. The bamboo is super light and Grove had a very nice black suede like material to protect the back. Here's the only problem. I have a PS Crystal on (just the front, had to take off the back screen protector) and it fits well (very tight) but I have had some bubbles show up on the left edge, which I don't mind just don't want to get the screen scratched. The phone just looks nice and I got what I wanted....a different and unique case.

photo-13.jpg

photo-12.jpg

photo-11.jpg

spyder321

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
Wait so you ordered the wooden case expecting it to make the phone feel thinner and now complaining it's bulky? Are you serious? Hey I just bought an SUV but I'm returning it cause i expected it to be the same size as a car. I hope your refund gets denied. :rolleyes:

No Ass, I didn't expect it to be that bulky. Where did you read that I was expecting it to be thinner?? Keep rolling your eyes...

shawnna

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2009
Wow! It's beautiful!

Just ordered mine today with a customized motif. Can't wait to get it!

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia

It's wonderful. :D Can't wait for mine to come. I ordered Birdland.

mavrick1903

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Should be arriving today, I will post some pics when I get it for all you guys that were interested in seeing it. Not much of a reviewer though

Alex, can you post some pictures of the top, bottom and other side? perhaps one pulled out a bit for the front?

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Well I've come to my sense and just took off my PS film. The case was too nice for it to be surrounded by bubbles. Why am I keeping the screen protected anyways so when I sell it some other guy enjoys it....the bare screen feels wayyyyy better than any screen protector, can't beleive I bought into that hype....sigh

To: Mav. No problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.