Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1 Cor. 15:26

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010
Well I've come to my sense and just took off my PS film. The case was too nice for it to be surrounded by bubbles. Why am I keeping the screen protected anyways so when I sell it some other guy enjoys it....the bare screen feels wayyyyy better than any screen protector, can't beleive I bought into that hype....sigh

To: Mav. No problem

I agree. I took my BSE screen front protector off. So much better. Sure, compromises resale value, but its yours for now, enjoy it!

Case is nice. Thanks for the pics. Not my cup of tea, but I can see why you like it. Its very detailed. Let us know how you feel about it in a few weeks after lots of daily usage, will you?

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Bad news guys. My phone is literally a paper weight when the case is on. I have had no issues with the "death grip" or haven't even been dropping calls....but I hate to say it but the case flatlines my phone. It is such a beautiful case that I am asking Grove for some help on the subject before I return. I think it is the metal bezel

random person

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
Oh that's awful! That is my secret fear about the alleged Element Vapor case that i have on order -- that it will kill the signal. Bummer to wait for something and then have that problem!

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Oh that's awful! That is my secret fear about the alleged Element Vapor case that i have on order -- that it will kill the signal. Bummer to wait for something and then have that problem!

Bro all my calls go to voice mail or never show up. It is really weird. Damn....

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Any update on the case affecting your phone?

The cased flat lined my phone, I do not live in a small city by any means and have avoided any signal problems, yet with the case on every call went to voice mail.

I am waiting for Grove to give me the return instructions as we speak

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
The cased flat lined my phone, I do not live in a small city by any means and have avoided any signal problems, yet with the case on every call went to voice mail.

That sucks, man. :( I'm hoping the black bezel doesn't do the same. I've really been looking forward to this case.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009

Well what did you expect? You surround the entire phone with a block of wood, which in case you didn't know, also surround's the antenna. Sheer genius. It's amazing what people will buy, like bumpers.

vong

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
hey did your problem fix? also have you tried taking a picture at night with flash on with your case on too?

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
Well what did you expect? You surround the entire phone with a block of wood, which in case you didn't know, also surround's the antenna. Sheer genius. It's amazing what people will buy, like bumpers.

I think most people with bumpers have no issues, in fact it helps them with the signal issue in most 'cases'!

What a shame for the OP, it's a beautiful looking case and I hope that you can get the issue sorted.

Let us know!

hexum23

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2008
Bad news guys. My phone is literally a paper weight when the case is on. I have had no issues with the "death grip" or haven't even been dropping calls....but I hate to say it but the case flatlines my phone. It is such a beautiful case that I am asking Grove for some help on the subject before I return. I think it is the metal bezel

I was thinking about ordering one of these until I read you were having issues with the case. Do you think the metal bezel is coming in contact with antennae? That would explain signal loss. Otherwise the wood shouldn't be causing issues. Hmmmm... So tempted to buy one but not if it turns my phone into a paperweight. Did Grove return/refund without any problems?

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I was thinking about ordering one of these until I read you were having issues with the case. Do you think the metal bezel is coming in contact with antennae? That would explain signal loss. Otherwise the wood shouldn't be causing issues. Hmmmm... So tempted to buy one but not if it turns my phone into a paperweight. Did Grove
return/refund
without any problems?

When I spoke to them, they told me that out of hundreds of cases, I was one of three that had problems.....Why? I have no idea. I live in an area with great coverage so it wasn't that, I personally think it's the bezel, but it looks like a case of bad luck (no pun entended)

Edit: They are a pretty nice company, fast replys etc. I am expecting my refund any day now, don't even have to pay to return

advan031

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
I have cancelled my order (before they shipped it) as well after seeing/holding it in person. I love the way it looks and the craftsmanship but it just made the phone way too big and I thought I was gonna be okay with that:eek:

gotzero

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2007
Mid-Atlantic, US
I got mine today and I am thrilled. The case is far thinner in width and thickness than what I considered the grown-up 3GS cases to be.

If any of you that ordered cases without designs have trouble returning them, let me know, I would love to pick up a second inexpensively.

Bkasm

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
I got mine today and I am thrilled. The case is far thinner in width and thickness than what I considered the grown-up 3GS cases to be.

If any of you that ordered cases without designs have trouble returning them, let me know, I would love to pick up a second inexpensively.

Pictures??? :D:D:D

hexum23

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2008

Now that you've had the case for a couple days, have you noticed any signal problems like the op?

Megalobyte

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
Florida
Does it come with a little compartment for a bat and, ummm, supplies? :)

Sorry, but this case brings back memories from the old days.

It's actually really nice, congratulations on a well made and unique case.

ChocolateApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
New York
Congrats, Alex. Here's mine

grovemade_2.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.