PDA

View Full Version : Airtunes Question.

jared_kipe
Nov 23, 2004, 08:23 PM
Has anybody figured out how to put any audio signal through the airport express yet? Most importantly, I need an ichat AV to come out through big speakers, is this possible yet?

superbovine
Nov 24, 2004, 02:15 AM
that isn't possible because even if ichat supported it the audio in the Airport Express is buffered with a few seconds delay.

jared_kipe
Nov 24, 2004, 09:58 AM
I found an application that will do it, but like you said, it has a 1 second delay or so.
I was just hoping somebody would figure out a better way. I'm kind of disappointed in apple for that.

Phatpat
Nov 24, 2004, 10:41 AM
I found an application that will do it, but like you said, it has a 1 second delay or so.
I was just hoping somebody would figure out a better way. I'm kind of disappointed in apple for that.

What application would that be?

crazzyeddie
Nov 24, 2004, 10:50 AM
It has a delay because the computer is encoding the audio stream into Apple Losses on the fly.

superbovine
Nov 24, 2004, 12:43 PM

i helped someone with research on this a few years ago. i am sure it still probably same. anyways there is only one company that produces software the will sync, chat, text, and video together. either way, you need a big bandwidth pipe. the problem you are "disappointed" with is silly because everyone has a different size bandwith, so to prevent choppyness they put in a buffer. solving the bandwith problem is the solution, it isn't apple fault that there is people on dial-up and varying speeds on broadband. not everyone is one a t1. also like the other poster said there will be a delay to the airport express, because it also buffer data to prevent choppyness.