Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Has anybody figured out how to put any audio signal through the airport express yet? Most importantly, I need an ichat AV to come out through big speakers, is this possible yet?

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
that isn't possible because even if ichat supported it the audio in the Airport Express is buffered with a few seconds delay.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
I found an application that will do it, but like you said, it has a 1 second delay or so.
I was just hoping somebody would figure out a better way. I'm kind of disappointed in apple for that.

Phatpat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2003
Cambridge, MA
jared_kipe said:
I found an application that will do it, but like you said, it has a 1 second delay or so.
I was just hoping somebody would figure out a better way. I'm kind of disappointed in apple for that.

What application would that be?

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
jared_kipe said:

i helped someone with research on this a few years ago. i am sure it still probably same. anyways there is only one company that produces software the will sync, chat, text, and video together. either way, you need a big bandwidth pipe. the problem you are "disappointed" with is silly because everyone has a different size bandwith, so to prevent choppyness they put in a buffer. solving the bandwith problem is the solution, it isn't apple fault that there is people on dial-up and varying speeds on broadband. not everyone is one a t1. also like the other poster said there will be a delay to the airport express, because it also buffer data to prevent choppyness.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.