PDA

View Full Version : can't find my airport log

andiwm2003
Nov 24, 2004, 10:23 PM
hi,

i try to get the log from my airport extreme base station.
i set in airport admin utility/all settings/base station options/base station logging the syslog host to my ip adress (i copied it from apple menue/about this mac/network/ip adress) and the logging level to 6-informational.

when i check in console there is no airport log to begin with, and in the system log there is no info about airport as well.

what am i doing wrong?

thanks for your help,

andi :confused:

andiwm2003
Nov 29, 2004, 09:09 PM
somebody???

i still can't find any logging information.

is there any way to find out who is currently using my airport extreme base station?

thanks, andi

ppurich
Dec 11, 2004, 09:49 PM
You configured your airport base station correctly. You just need to make some further configuration changes outside of the AirPort Admin Utility. Have a look at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107993
Unfortunately, the AirPort Admin Utility help does not include these additional steps.

I followed the above Apple support article and now I am getting log messages from my base station in my system.log.

Mechcozmo
Dec 11, 2004, 10:31 PM
I'd bet that you set up your Mac to get an address via DHCP, ya?

Well, that means that you get a new IP each and every time your computer connects to the network. So after a shutdown or sleep, you get a new IP.

Hence, your logs may have been sent to an IP that doesn't exist any more, or are being sent to the wrong computer... etc.