PDA

View Full Version : How to name tracks in itunes

spxy
Nov 29, 2004, 11:39 AM
How the hell do you do it?Am I missing something obvious?
Sometimes you press the mouse mutton and it lets you type the name sometimes it doesn't , I've been trying for five minutes to name a band.
What am I missing?

emw
Nov 29, 2004, 11:48 AM
Should be able to rename by clicking once to highlight the track, then click again to rename.

You can also do a Command-I to Get Info and rename there.

jeremy.king
Nov 29, 2004, 11:58 AM
I believe it works just like the OS, you click once and then move the mouse slightly and you should see the text highlighted and editable.

spxy
Nov 29, 2004, 12:13 PM
Bit of a crap system click and them move mouse slightly, how are supposed to work that out?

jeremy.king
Nov 29, 2004, 12:20 PM
Bit of a crap system click and them move mouse slightly, how are supposed to work that out?

Moving the mouse just accelerates the process. You can also single click and wait.

If it doesn't work for some files, make sure you have appropriate permissions to those files.

spxy
Nov 29, 2004, 12:39 PM
"moving the mouse just accelerates the process. You can also single click and wait.

If it doesn't work for some files, make sure you have appropriate permissions to those files."

Doent work in my system, you could wait forever,it does work if you move the mouse though, come on thats not user friendly.

jeremy.king
Nov 29, 2004, 12:41 PM
"moving the mouse just accelerates the process. You can also single click and wait.

If it doesn't work for some files, make sure you have appropriate permissions to those files."

Doent work in my system, you could wait forever,it does work if you move the mouse though, come on thats not user friendly.

Have you tried hitting the Return key after clicking once?

Also Get Info works just as well.

PS. Hit the quote button to the bottom right of any post to quote another post.

emw
Nov 29, 2004, 04:43 PM

So you'd want the information to be editable any time you simply click on a track? Sounds like a great idea. How many times do you think you'd accidentally change the information?

Click, move mouse (or click, wait 1 second, click again). Edit information. Hit 'return' to set. Seems easy enough to me.

AppleMatt
Nov 29, 2004, 07:12 PM
If you don't finish editing the name before the currently playing track ends it will cancel your edit, which is really annoying.

AppleMatt

advres
Nov 30, 2004, 04:52 AM
If you don't finish editing the name before the currently playing track ends it will cancel your edit, which is really annoying.

AppleMatt
Not if you command + I it. Am I the only person that keeps one hand on the mouse and the other on the keyboard? I find using keyboard shortcuts just that, shortcuts! ;)

NCTRNL
Dec 1, 2004, 10:08 AM
Sounds to me like you're just nitpicking on things about the Apple to bitch about. Tap once, wait a second, tap again, and it will let you change the name. It's not hard.

wrldwzrd89
Dec 1, 2004, 10:25 AM
Sounds to me like you're just nitpicking on things about the Apple to bitch about. Tap once, wait a second, tap again, and it will let you change the name. It's not hard.
Couldn't agree with you more. Either do a delayed double click (click, wait, click) or select and do a Get Info.