Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spxy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
How the hell do you do it?Am I missing something obvious?
Sometimes you press the mouse mutton and it lets you type the name sometimes it doesn't , I've been trying for five minutes to name a band.
What am I missing?

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Should be able to rename by clicking once to highlight the track, then click again to rename.

You can also do a Command-I to Get Info and rename there.

spxy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
Bit of a crap system click and them move mouse slightly, how are supposed to work that out?

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
spxy said:
Bit of a crap system click and them move mouse slightly, how are supposed to work that out?

Moving the mouse just accelerates the process. You can also single click and wait.

If it doesn't work for some files, make sure you have appropriate permissions to those files.

spxy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
"moving the mouse just accelerates the process. You can also single click and wait.

If it doesn't work for some files, make sure you have appropriate permissions to those files."

Doent work in my system, you could wait forever,it does work if you move the mouse though, come on thats not user friendly.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
spxy said:
"moving the mouse just accelerates the process. You can also single click and wait.

If it doesn't work for some files, make sure you have appropriate permissions to those files."

Doent work in my system, you could wait forever,it does work if you move the mouse though, come on thats not user friendly.

Have you tried hitting the Return key after clicking once?

Also Get Info works just as well.

PS. Hit the quote button to the bottom right of any post to quote another post.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
spxy said:

So you'd want the information to be editable any time you simply click on a track? Sounds like a great idea. How many times do you think you'd accidentally change the information?

Click, move mouse (or click, wait 1 second, click again). Edit information. Hit 'return' to set. Seems easy enough to me.

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
If you don't finish editing the name before the currently playing track ends it will cancel your edit, which is really annoying.

AppleMatt

advres

Oct 3, 2003
Boston
keyboard shortcuts people

AppleMatt said:
If you don't finish editing the name before the currently playing track ends it will cancel your edit, which is really annoying.

AppleMatt
Not if you command + I it. Am I the only person that keeps one hand on the mouse and the other on the keyboard? I find using keyboard shortcuts just that, shortcuts! ;)

NCTRNL

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2004
Kansas City
Sounds to me like you're just nitpicking on things about the Apple to bitch about. Tap once, wait a second, tap again, and it will let you change the name. It's not hard.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
NCTRNL said:
Sounds to me like you're just nitpicking on things about the Apple to bitch about. Tap once, wait a second, tap again, and it will let you change the name. It's not hard.
Couldn't agree with you more. Either do a delayed double click (click, wait, click) or select and do a Get Info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.