PDA

View Full Version : WoW and Addons

Smalss
Aug 23, 2010, 05:13 PM
Tried to install some addons for WoW. Downloaded the .zips from curse (or whatever its called) and unzipped them into my applications/wow/interface/addon/ folder. But nothing comes up. I restarted the laptop, still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Thnx.

DesmoPilot
Aug 23, 2010, 05:28 PM
Some addons you have to put the file contents in the addon folder. Requires more than just unzipping them into the addons folder, and you never need to restart to install a WoW addon.

cerote
Aug 23, 2010, 06:07 PM
I have always just used the Curse program and let it do the installs.

Plutonius
Aug 23, 2010, 11:09 PM
Tried to install some addons for WoW. Downloaded the .zips from curse (or whatever its called) and unzipped them into my applications/wow/interface/addon/ folder. But nothing comes up. I restarted the laptop, still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Thnx.

Unzip it to your desktop and then manually move the subfolder (the main folder you unzipped contains the addon in a subfolder).

Huntn
Aug 23, 2010, 11:55 PM
Unzip it to your desktop and then manually move the subfolder (the main folder you unzipped contains the addon in a subfolder).

I always did the manual install too.

lannister80
Aug 24, 2010, 09:24 AM
Let's step back a moment.

After putting the addon files into the correct folder, you need to enable the add-ons (on your character selection screen, after logging in) for them to load. They will not automatically load (I don't think, anyway).

frega
Aug 24, 2010, 09:35 AM
Hit your addon button on your character screen, check the button "use outdated addons".

Plutonius
Aug 24, 2010, 11:29 AM
Hit your addon button on your character screen, check the button "use outdated addons".

Good point since most are outdated...

lannister80
Aug 24, 2010, 01:56 PM
Good point since most are outdated...
Agreed. Also, go grab WowMatrix, still works with some of the more major mods (Auctioneer, DBM, etc)

http://www.wowmatrix.com/

Smalss
Aug 24, 2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks guys. I used wowmatrix. Works great.

Gepper
Aug 25, 2010, 05:34 AM
Use the curse client instead. It's the same people who built wowmatrix anyway.

lannister80
Aug 25, 2010, 09:31 AM
Use the curse client instead. It's the same people who built wowmatrix anyway.
There's no Mac version though, is there?

siorai
Aug 25, 2010, 01:00 PM
There's no Mac version though, is there?

There's been a Mac Curse client for quite some time now actually.