Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juicy D. Links

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
its a great case but the flimsy screen protector got detached from the glue and fell off.. should I call OB and is this covered? First time OB user wanted to see if anybody else had this issue?

-Thx

wmflyfisher

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
Yes call them. They have top notch customer service and will likely send you a new one. FYI many people go without the screen protector on the defender but you may want/need it.

Juicy D. Links

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Yes call them. They have top notch customer service and will likely send you a new one. FYI many people go without the screen protector on the defender but you may want/need it.

hmmmm that sounds like a good idea.. I have a extra SGP layin around might just slap that on and forgoe the OEM OB screen protector.

thx man

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
Call them, I had a problem with my rubber covering and Otterbox sent me a whole new case no questions asked.

Yes there customer service is excellent!...my screen protector fell off as well and they replaced it with no problems.

Juicy D. Links

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
UPDATE:

Called OB and i gotta say their CS is AMAZING....

Told them issue , they said we ill send you a replacement... I told them would you like me to send you back the defective unit? They said dont worry keep it for replacement parts if you need in future...

A++++++++

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
UPDATE:

Called OB and i gotta say their CS is AMAZING....

Told them issue , they said we ill send you a replacement... I told them would you like me to send you back the defective unit? They said dont worry keep it for replacement parts if you need in future...

A++++++++

Wow...that's great! As a first time OB buyer that's awesome to hear!

pdhahn

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
Poconos, PA
They did the same with my Commuter case for the ipad when the back panel became loose. They sent me an entire new unit ($65 value!) without asking me to send the old one back. I was incredibly impressed. I can't recommend the company enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.