Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
I thought I'd mention how quickly Apple took off the *new symbol on top of the Mac Pros under the store section just when the new iPods have been announced.

reel2reel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
You'd think the more "new" the better. Who am I to question anything Apple does, though. They know a little something about making money!

englishman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2006
Mac Buyer's Guide: Mac Pro
Rating (225 Positives; 309 Negatives)
[ 905 comments ]

I suppose the majority thought it a relatively minor upgrade. Some were disappointed. The more major consumer items are probably much more their core market these days. away from their origins.

The iPod redesign I guess Apple feels is more to shout about.

Disappointing to MP enthusiasts. Less than a month now since orders begun and barely a week or more since significant numbers received theirs.

The base just moved from 2.66 to 2.8 (+.14) hardly earth shattering even though the graphics was probably the nicest surprise.

jamied95

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009
Whenever Apple have a new release, they take off the old "new" and put on new "new" on the new products, so customers can see what are new, and what are not! So, sometimes this is a month, other times it's 6 :)

englishman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2006
Whenever Apple have a new release, they take off the old "new" and put on new "new" on the new products, so customers can see what are new, and what are not! So, sometimes this is a month, other times it's 6 :)

I see, but maybe if MP was a "bigger" release they would have spread things out a bit more... dunno? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.