Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zxcvb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Hi, I bought two ipad2 at ATT website for me and a friend. ATT did not charge data plan yet. How do I cancel Data plan so that my friend won't be able to use 3G data at cost of mine???? Do I need to do anything?

thanks a lot

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Hi, I bought two ipad2 at ATT website for me and a friend. ATT did not charge data plan yet. How do I cancel Data plan so that my friend won't be able to use 3G data at cost of mine???? Do I need to do anything?

thanks a lot

If you never activated it you don't need to do anything. If you did, you need to cancel it via the iPad.

DynaFXD

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
East Coast
Holy 5417. I am getting old. I actually did it the old fashioned way by calling up ATT.:eek: I then cancelled the account the same way. Never thought that those functions would be buried in the settings menu, neat.

BobbieM629

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2011
Midwest
Holy 5417. I am getting old. I actually did it the old fashioned way by calling up ATT.:eek: I then cancelled the account the same way. Never thought that those functions would be buried in the settings menu, neat.

LMAO!! Mine is actually on my account so I have to call, it doesn't work through settings.

revm1m

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Wisconsin
I got my ipad2 through att online and signed up for data plan. Now when I go on settings>cellular Data>view Account , window comes up saying "Your account type does not support the view account feature" what does this mean?? Do I have a data plan or not???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.