Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pd7333

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2011
Hi - Ive just got an iPad 2. Myself, wife and daughter are going on holiday shortly and I was wondering if there is anything out there that would enable all 3 of us to have our own headphones and watch a film whilst on the plane?

So basically its a 3 way splitter Im after. im presuming I'll also need a booster or amp as well?

Any help greatly appreciated.

ps: I have googled and found 2 way splitters but still unsure if I'll need a booster/amp?

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
Mental - thanks dude. And the sound wont be comprimised at all?

I just read the amazon reviews at the link provided and 3 of the 12 reviews mention that sound is compromised and a 4th says doesn't say sound is compromised but he does state that he uses it with an amp booster.

pd7333

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2011
I just read the amazon reviews at the link provided and 3 of the 12 reviews mention that sound is compromised and a 4th says doesn't say sound is compromised but he does state that he uses it with an amp booster.

Considering I'll be watching the iPad on the plane with in ear phones, Im thinking teh sound would be ok (split 3 ways).

Ive ordered the Belkin, so will test and report back. Aeroplane noise could be a factor though? Oh well, for £7 odd it aint bad!

Thanks guys

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Not sure but can you connect multiple Bluetooth headphones to a single iPad?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Considering I'll be watching the iPad on the plane with in ear phones, Im thinking teh sound would be ok (split 3 ways).

Ive ordered the Belkin, so will test and report back. Aeroplane noise could be a factor though? Oh well, for £7 odd it aint bad!

Thanks guys

This is what I've experienced with non-amplified audio splitters. For audio to be distributed equally between multiple headsets, the headsets have to be similar in spec. You can't have a Bose Quiet Comfort sharing audio with Apple earbuds and expect the same audio output from both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.