Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jenlovisa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Hello, I am now standing here trying to decide if to buy the iPad with or without 3G and my question is the following. I have already read here that I can use the tethering service (but it will drain the battery I know), but could I order a duplicate sim card and have 2 sim cards activated from Vodafone? Its probably the silliest question in the world and I assume IF it would be possible of course I would have to turn of the data plan on the iphone4 while using it on the iPad. The other option would be to swap the simcards but if I could have 2 and not have to swap that would be better of course... any thoughts?

kaibex

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
East Sussex, UK
I'm doubt you will be able to get a second sim with your same number and I may be wrong but I'm sure iPhone and iPad sims are not interchangeable, think its something to do with iPad sim being data only.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Now, I'm not extremely good in Spanish, but Vodaphone Spain seems to have what you need: Multi SIM, which I guess is similar to the Norwegian Tvilling SIM from Netcom, which gives me a data only SIM for my iPad 1 in addition to the regular SIM for my iPhone 4.

Just remember to get micro SIMs for both devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.