Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
That's pretty cool. And honestly, I'd say it is worth the price *shrug*.

Only reason I'm not more interested myself is I game on my iphone and that looks like it would be awkward to use my phone to play a game.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Portugal
That's pretty cool. And honestly, I'd say it is worth the price *shrug*.

Only reason I'm not more interested myself is I game on my iphone and that looks like it would be awkward to use my phone to play a game.

Exactly the same as me ;)

You know what's the problem? Credit cards and phones don't match, because the phone de-magnetizes the credit card.

Last edited:

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
I'm wondering what the thickness is like. It looks to be about double the iPhone when you put a few cards in there. I like only having one 'thing' to carry but I'm not sure how that would sit/look in a front pocked (and likely wouldn't go in a back pocket because you wouldn't want to sit on your phone).

As for de-magnetizing, my phone and credit cards have been next to each other in a pocket numerous times and nothing happened. I think Mythbusters did a show on that as well and concluded it was very difficult to accidently de-mag those cards... I'm sure it's happened to people though, you definitely hear about it enough. Who knows.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Portugal
I'm wondering what the thickness is like. It looks to be about double the iPhone when you put a few cards in there. I like only having one 'thing' to carry but I'm not sure how that would sit/look in a front pocked (and likely wouldn't go in a back pocket because you wouldn't want to sit on your phone).

As for de-magnetizing, my phone and credit cards have been next to each other in a pocket numerous times and nothing happened. I think Mythbusters did a show on that as well and concluded it was very difficult to accidently de-mag those cards... I'm sure it's happened to people though, you definitely hear about it enough. Who knows.

Gonna look it up on youtube then ;)

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I'm lucky enough to have my hands on it. It's probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen and used with my iPhone 4. Anyone who loves the idea will love the BookBook :)
For anyone who thinks this is pricy, if LV made such a case it would have cost as much as $500..
It's totally worth its price tag imo. That's all from my fist impressions though :)

kfergiez

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
You know what's the problem? Credit cards and phones don't match, because the phone de-magnetizes the credit card.

The only way you can demag a credit card is to expose it to a powerful electromagnet with alternating current.... A single pole magnet won't demagnetize a card.

Neoaucourant

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2010
I'm lucky enough to have my hands on it. It's probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen and used with my iPhone 4. Anyone who loves the idea will love the BookBook :)
For anyone who thinks this is pricy, if LV made such a case it would have cost as much as $500..
It's totally worth its price tag imo. That's all from my fist impressions though :)

Does this case interfere when using the phone to take/make calls?

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I like the idea, but how stupid would you look talking on that thing? It would be better if the phone slid out or something and wasn't strapped in there.

jackwins

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008

I just ordered one. I should have it Friday. I'll let you know how it is.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Does this case interfere when using the phone to take/make calls?

Not really no. There's of course the matter of flipping back the front cover and because it's designed like a hardback cover book, you won't be able to lay the front cover flat against te back. Still though, once you get used to it it's nothing. There's also letting the leather "break-in".

I like the idea, but how stupid would you look talking on that thing? It would be better if the phone slid out or something and wasn't strapped in there.

Actually it doesn't look stupid. Once you flip it open the book-look isn't there.

Still, for those who aren't used to flip style cases, the BookBook will take even more getting used to. I suggest hitting your Apple Store to try one out if you're hesitant.

I should also mention that if you use you camera a lot then unfortunately this isn't the case for you.

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2010
Just ordered this. Can't wait. Just hoping it fits well with the next iPhone. But I doubt it.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Losing your phone…inconvenient.
Losing your wallet…maddening.
Losing your phone AND your wallet…disasterous.

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario

Can you measure the thickness/let me know how many cards have in it? Also wondering what the thickness is if you were to apply pressure (like having it in your pocket? I'm on the fence. I love the idea of one item for my wallet/phone but usually avoid using cases.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Can you measure the thickness/let me know how many cards have in it? Also wondering what the thickness is if you were to apply pressure (like having it in your pocket? I'm on the fence. I love the idea of one item for my wallet/phone but usually avoid using cases.

Just shy under 2mm with 3 cards.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
One less thing to carry... Man, I LOVE this case. My issues, I use my phone in a dock in the car all the time, and why oh why didn't they add a camera hole?

Still... I may need to get this!

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
So instead of a home boy robbing your phone, they've got your wallet as well. I'd like to see this product have a writing pad for scrawling notes real fast. Then, they can be entered properly later on.

Cat5e

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2010
Losing your phone…inconvenient.
Losing your wallet…maddening.
Losing your phone AND your wallet…disasterous.

You can look at it from this point of view as well, using Find my iPhone, you can now find your wallet as well!

I ordered one and it should be here today. I think it's going to be awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.