Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mocman

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I have Iweb of course and need to know what is the best software to build a great site. I prefer drag and drop or not so hard learning curve. I have also heard of rapid weaver and wordpress. I am new to this field and need some direction.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
I use Sandvox, by Karelia. It is a template based web builder. It comes with a couple dozen free template designs, plus there are several template designers that offer very cheap or free templates on top of that.

It still requires learning the application.... anything that is going to build good websites needs some sort of a learning curve, but Sandvox is very easy to figure out. I have several websites for myself or other groups, and each one is different.... and took little time to work out.

I would suggest tucking a copy of your 1st "good" website away as a backup. The basic sites are easy to build with Karelia, and then it's tempting to go crazy with advanced features... which can take some time to learn... and it's easy to bung up the site that way. So you just bring your backup copy back, and start again. Easy Peasy.

seniorgeek

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2011
The easiest way would be to install Windows and download the free Microsoft Web Matrix, it is a great program.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Depending on your needs, either wordpress or rapidweaver will work. Rapidweaver for static sites and you can create them fairly easily. Wordpress is great for producing something requires a bit more dynamic information, CMS type stuff.

Salenasworld

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
Easiest Tool for you

I have Iweb of course and need to know what is the best software to build a great site. I prefer drag and drop or not so hard learning curve. I have also heard of rapid weaver and wordpress. I am new to this field and need some direction.

You can use pawili.com for building a nice looking website with domain and hosting, because
They have drag and drop setting option, no coding skill required.
They provide unlimited hosting and bandwidth.
there monthly fee is too low.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
You don't have to purchase or load Wordpress on your machine. At your hosting company you use their utilities to install Wordpress on your URL and then you start customizing it on line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.