Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Hi,
iOSLiveTV.com is a web-app that lets you watch most major TV stations from the US, UK, France, Germany and Italy on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Apple TV (via AirPlay) for free, from anywhere in the world.

screenshot20120421at115.png
screenshot20120421at115.png

screenshot20120421at120.png
screenshot20120421at120.png

screenshot20120422at735.png
screenshot20120422at735.png

Check it out!

Last edited:

mrbutters

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012
I like how the photo show it on wifi :) Indeed the only way this would work. You sure aren't going to be able to stream TV over the ridiculously slow 3G speeds in most areas. If I am in wifi range, I am at home and I can just watch my TV.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I like how the photo show it on wifi :) Indeed the only way this would work. You sure aren't going to be able to stream TV over the ridiculously slow 3G speeds in most areas. If I am in wifi range, I am at home and I can just watch my TV.

Well sure, it is completely logical that since you don't have access to wifi at school, work, etc. that nobody else does either, therefore the logical conclusion is that this is useless.

By the way, I do get some bits of buffering on 3G, but it does work. My speeds are generally around 3.5mbit down.

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012
I'm in the US, and the UK channels are perfect, while some of the US ones, like Speed, stutter and pause a lot. That's okay though, all I wanted was Eurosport and you gave it to me, so 5 stars!

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
thank op passing this on to my Twitter followers as well. it's not perfect as others have said some channels don't work sometimes on wifi or 3G and 3G you might have some buffering but that's the carrier fault really.

GeorgieAcevedo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
New York City
If you have a iPhone I'm sure you have cable at home. So this stuff always pointless to me. Unless you want to sit on a bus/train to watch "TV" really? Lol...

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
If you have a iPhone I'm sure you have cable at home. So this stuff always pointless to me. Unless you want to sit on a bus/train to watch "TV" really? Lol...

Let's see...
Lunch break, students, and sure, why not watch TV on the bus? This site clearly isn;t designed to replace your TV at home.

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
The kicker here is that American cable providers don't give you European channels, and vice-versa.

There is actually a version that's more suited for your TV as it's a plugin for XBMC and Plex. It's called SuperTV.

Nice thanks for the supertv link

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
The kicker here is that American cable providers don't give you European channels, and vice-versa.

There is actually a version that's more suited for your TV as it's a plugin for XBMC and Plex. It's called SuperTV.

I appreciate that link. We were going to grab a tuner for the HTPC I recently built so that we don't have to keep swapping inputs. This may actually be a legitimate alternative. Going to check it out tonight.

Bob Coxner

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
All of the "HD" channels just show advertising. The non-HD channels are mediocre. I notice that at least one of them has a FilmOn logo. FilmOn also streams and has been sued numerous times by networks. http://www.filmon.com

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
I don't know where you live and what kind of telecom plan you have, but over here in the Netherlands you can easily watch HD streams over a 3G connection - and that's with the cheaper telecom plans. Heck, you can even get plans with 3G speeds up to 28,8 Mbps.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I could actually get a lot of use out of the site, won't need a Slingbox now at least. I don't have faith that traffic and legal issues won't bring it down soon, but it's impressive for now. Offering live streams of Showtime and Cinemax for free are definitely legal headaches waiting to happen.

After checking out the U.S. channels then U.K., I was disappointed to learn that only the U.K. channels are offered in HD since the "HD" quality remedied my almost-unwatchable-for-me complaints with SD content. The HD streams appear to be very high quality for a free live streaming site of this nature, so let's get them for U.S. channels too! Then the site will practically be perfect.

Last edited:

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
We do not have cable at our house but we have Netflix and AppleTV. HAs anyone tried using this service while mirroring to the AppleTV?

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Why get cable when you can get a jailbroken Apple TV 2...lol.

XBMC is awesome!

Thanks for the link, OP.

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2008
Holy cow, this can't last another day...the addition of more, ahem, channels is...interesting. Gotta go watch some more tv.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.