Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fernando.kreutz

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
brazil
Hi

I've noticed that persistent wifi is no longer working on my iPod Touch since iOS 6. Before, it would fetch e-mail and Facebook/Twitter updates, and the wifi icon would stay lit always.

Now, it doesn't fetch stuff anymore and wifi is always off when I turn screen on, then 2 seconds later, wifi is on again. Then it fetches stuff.

WTH happened?

foksie

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
bad wifi on 4S and iOs6

Hello You all, I'm a iPhone 4S user and I've also experience the bad wifi reception after the update to iOs6, also noticed that battery life is not as long as on 5.1.1. I tried everything, reset the network settings, reset the router, used another router etc, etc, nothing satisfied me and I'm sure that the problem is on iOs6, hope that there soon will be an fix or update to solve this BUG, must say that I've did not have this error on the beta version? Strange?

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Hi

I've noticed that persistent wifi is no longer working on my iPod Touch since iOS 6. Before, it would fetch e-mail and Facebook/Twitter updates, and the wifi icon would stay lit always.

Now, it doesn't fetch stuff anymore and wifi is always off when I turn screen on, then 2 seconds later, wifi is on again. Then it fetches stuff.

WTH happened?

I've observed this on my iPad wifi version; I had put a separate query regarding the same but, no response was received. Hope we are able to get solutions on this one. the problem seems to be the same.

mikkker007

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2012
Queensland, Australia
The first few days my wifi was a hit and miss affair. Now (unexplaineably)
works fantastic..Battery performance has suffered A LOT.... (iP4, BTW) However, I just ran a 3G speed test, DL was an awesome 5.98mbps! before iOS6 the best I managed was 2.79mbps. ( measured in the same place, same time of the Day). iP5 ordered, hopefully be here soon, Im Hanging to get my claws on it!!:)

fernando.kreutz

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
brazil
I think I got a Fix.

I've reseted all settings trough Setup > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

I'll do some more testing, but I was able to locate the iPod trough Find my iPhone when it was locked, so the wifi must be active. This fix is simple and does not erase data, so...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.