Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cfhjag

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Hello all,

I need a small program to keep track of hours spent on projects, invoicing to some degree and company expenses. It's a tiny company with just a few people but would love for it to be synced between them all.

Read something about cloud based programs, does anyone have any experience with those? Are they secure enough? Don't want anyone to get a hold of all my numbers.. I know of Bento and Filemaker but not a lot more than that. I guess you also have to have Filemaker Server to make it shared?

I just read more about Bento in app store and it seems pretty solid and not too expensive for what it does.
You can apparently even share over the network etc..
http://i.imgur.com/leIK2.png

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks!
H

Last edited:

cfhjag

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
I've been using On The Job

Yeah, I saw that program and it seems perfect! I really need something that works for a group though, either a server based thing or over the cloud. I've got a server running 24/7 in the office so something server based could be a good solution.

I just found OfficeTime. Seems perfect! Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

Last edited:

longdrag

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2012
Try freeagent - does the lot.

http://www.freeagent.com

Multiple users - web access from anywhere - and you can even get a iphone app (mobile agent) to keep track of your personal expenses, mileage, hours etc etc, uploading the data when required..

Priamus

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
Small business project management software

You can look into Latitude project management software. We're using it for timesheets, client-project tracking, task, quotes, invoices and report generation. We find it fast for a multiuser environment and easy to work with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.