Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
I have an issue.

When I login to my user account, I don't have desktop icons, the menu bar, etc. There isn't even that glowing light that indicates an open app under the Finder icon. I have to click on the Finder icon, for the Finder to launch, and then I get the menu bar, desktop icons, etc. What could be causing this? I've deleted com.apple.finder.plist, com.apple.finder.SavedState, and two other finder plists (I forgot their names) that were suggested in threads on the Apple forums.

What's causing this? Oh, and my Mac keeps waking up in the middle of the night. It did this before, and after an Apple supervisor and I emailed back, and I emailed him console files, we determined the issue was wake for network access. Even though I need it on for Back to My Mac, I disabled wake for network access.

What's causing these two issues?

Last edited:

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Add a new user and login into the new user account, look what happens, if everything is ok then something is wrong in your normal user account.

If that is the case I will tell you what to do next.

Edit: Did you recently update the OS, there is a new update available so you could try that as well, seems more people have issues.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.