Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applefanboy5

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
I used scotch tape to remove a few dust off my ipad mini before installing the screen protector would this remove the coating?thanks

apierrec

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
Agreed, although a scotch ape likely would cause significant damage.

----------

Then you're lucky.

Lol Am not planning to do it ever. Like cleaning the screen with scotch tape ... :D in the long term, if somebody does it, it might, right?

Powrie

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
I would be more worried about it leaving a gummy residue from the Glue on the Tape.

Try using a Microfiber cloth next time.

Also you should go in the bathroom turn on the shower to hot and let it steam up the bathroom.

The super humidity will drop any dust out of the Air.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I used scotch tape to remove a few dust off my ipad mini before installing the screen protector would this remove the coating?thanks

I don't know if it will remove the coating but consider this, its a coating that is not impregnated in the glass, I would be wary of doing anything that could impact it, like tape. Why not use a microfiber cloth?

applefanboy5

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
I would be more worried about it leaving a gummy residue from the Glue on the Tape.

Try using a Microfiber cloth next time.

Also you should go in the bathroom turn on the shower to hot and let it steam up the bathroom.

The super humidity will drop any dust out of the Air.

the scotch tape wasnt like super sticky it was easy to peel off and i find it easier to remove dust with tape

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.