Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
The mini is a great addition for Apple, lightweight and sharp design.

Can't find a pocket it fits in, comes close on jacket pockets but just a touch too wide.

I just wish it was 0.75" of a inch more narrow.

Maybe I need bigger pockets :)

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Do you mean more narrow and not thinner?

If you're talking about the thinness then, then I'll have to disagree with you since its extremely thin now.

As for the width, I suppose they could have shaved off a bit, but I've not noticed any problems with putting this in my coat pocket.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Ah, but of course...
The iPhone 5 is too narrow
The iPad Mini is too wide

It was bound to happen

Oh please. The OP didn't make a complaint, hes clearly not upset and he makes a solid point. Similarly sized products like the kindle or nexus7 fit in back pockets while the iPad Mini is just a tad too wide. Nothing wrong with admitting that or having a non snarky discussion about it.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Oh please. The OP didn't make a complaint, hes clearly not upset and he makes a solid point. Similarly sized products like the kindle or nexus7 fit in back pockets while the iPad Mini is just a tad too wide. Nothing wrong with admitting that or having a non snarky discussion about it.

Well it is a complaint. OP wants a 16:9 screen vs a 4:3. But the iPad has never been 16:9 so it's kind of a silly thing to foot stomp over. If one wants a 16:9 screen go Kindle Fire or Nexus 7. Problem solved.

The only other solution would be for the mini to have a smaller screen.

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Well it is a complaint. OP wants a 16:9 screen vs a 4:3. But the iPad has never been 16:9 so it's kind of a silly thing to foot stomp over. If one wants a 16:9 screen go Kindle Fire or Nexus 7. Problem solved.

No the OP does not want 16:9, although that would be fine.

Even a 4:3 design that is just a touch more narrow I'd prefer.
It's a great design but the width just pushes over pocketable and it's so close...

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX

the iphone was never a 16:9. then *gasps* looks at my iphone 5.

MacAgnostic

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
Bellevue, WA
...Can't find a pocket it fits in, comes close on jacket pockets but just a touch too wide.

I just wish it was 0.75" of a inch more narrow.

Maybe I need bigger pockets :)

I just find the fonts and UI on the small side with the mini,
so I'd go 5 unless Apple updates the UI
to work better on the mini with my eyes :)

So you don't really want one anyhow.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
the iphone was never a 16:9. then *gasps* looks at my iphone 5.

Anything is possible certainly, but I think Apple has shown a 4:3 screen is better for reading books & mags, things people don't typically buy a phone for even if they have that functionality. Also seems to me if Apple was going to go 16:9 then they would have done it with the mini right out of the gate, ESP since the iPhone & touch are now 16:9.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Anything is possible certainly, but I think Apple has shown a 4:3 screen is better for reading books & mags, things people don't typically buy a phone for even if they have that functionality. Also seems to me if Apple was going to go 16:9 then they would have done it with the mini right out of the gate, ESP since the iPhone & touch are now 16:9.

i agree, the ipad is better in 4:3..just saying like you said all is possible.. i thought the same about my iphone and lo an behold.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
I don't mind about the thickness, but the weight should be reduce at least 20%

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.