Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calumca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
I had my iPhoto library and Time Machine Backup on an external drive on my Mac Mini - not a clever strategy I know! I recently synced my photo library successfully with my iPhone 5 but now the external drive has died and my most recent backup (on another external drive) is 5 months old. Can anyone advise what is the simplest/quickest method of transferring these photos back from my iPhone photo library whilst ideally maintaining the 'events' folder type structure?

calumca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Thanks for comment re using Preview, however this only appears to allow copying photos that were taken with the iPhone (Camera roll pre iPhone 5) - what I need to copy are photos that are in the photo library library on the iPhone photo library that was created when I synced with the iPhoto library on the Mac.

Or am I missing something?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks for comment re using Preview, however this only appears to allow copying photos that were taken with the iPhone (Camera roll pre iPhone 5) - what I need to copy are photos that are in the photo library library on the iPhone photo library that was created when I synced with the iPhoto library on the Mac.

Or am I missing something?

I believe this will allow you to copy over any photos on the iPhone.

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
Keep in mind that the images on your iPhone are downsized if they came from a real camera originally. These images will not be the same resolution as the originals.

It will be better than nothing though, if your external hard drive is dead...

calumca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Photosync worked a treat and also preserved my folder (events) structure - thank you!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.