Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jelsoft

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
Hi all,

I have two problems with my Macbook Air (2012)

---

1) The trackpad will no longer physically click down. I can tap to click, but I cannot click it down in order to click. How can I fix this?

---

2) The screen is very loose, and has been seen I bought it. I though it was just a model design flaw so ignored it. Basically, if I tip the laptop back at an angle even slightly, the screen will fall all the way back on its hinge.

---

I bought this machine when I was in America as I need a Japanese keyboard, but I am living in the UK where apple does not offer the Japanese keyboard. I bought it in early August.

Does anyone have any advice or at least answers regarding these problems?

Thank you

Jelsoft

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
Damn, I was hoping I could fix the trackpad issue myself.

I know the monitor needs tightening or something... I had a similar issue on a previous MBP... and I know I can't do that myself.

But the trackpad...

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Damn, I was hoping I could fix the trackpad issue myself.

I know the monitor needs tightening or something... I had a similar issue on a previous MBP... and I know I can't do that myself.

But the trackpad...

If the trackpad isn't working then that's a huge issue, you need to get it to a service centre. Why DIY when you can get Apple to do the repair under warranty?

I appreciate you don't want to be without your machine, but you spent a lot of cash on it and it sounds like a dud.

Jelsoft

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
Unfortunately where I live there is no Apple Store on the island so I will have to take it to the island's authorised reseller, as usual.

I have bad luck with Macbooks it seems...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.