Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trojans

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
My original iMac 27 has a high pitched noise issue, so I called Apple and they agreed to replace for me. Currently, the replacement iMac is on its way and scheduled to be delivered the day after Christmas.

I have to say Apple customer service is really superior. They put me on top of list and also use fastest shipping option available for the replacement.

I will post more detail when I receive the replacement. :D

Last edited:

larzy

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Denmark
That's really good service. When did you call to get the replacement and where are you located? I called Thursday because my new 27 is noisy as well but the replacement is not due until late January / early February. :(

2bcool2

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
That's really good service. When did you call to get the replacement and where are you located? I called Thursday because my new 27 is noisy as well but the replacement is not due until late January / early February. :(

same noise problem, me too .. january maybe ? but expected as its xmas time lol

iThomas159

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
I have the same problem with my iMac 2012, too.
I also called Apple and mine will be picked up by DHL tomorrow.
When it arrives at Apple, they will send me a new one!

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
I have the same problem with my iMac 2012, too.
I also called Apple and mine will be picked up by DHL tomorrow.
When it arrives at Apple, they will send me a new one!

some noise problems with mine too it sounds like a refrigerator lol, they said theyd would put me on top the list too and will send me a replacement however i get to keep the one im currently using till the new comes in... i check on my apple account and my order says processing hopefully we wont have to wait really long to get our replacements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.