Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shahrezsyed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Stony Brook, New York
I plan on owning an iPad 9.7" and a mini due to several reasons.
I'll be using the 9.7" one for editing, and a few other power and graphics hungry things and mini for browsing, and the occasional email, calendar, angry birds, etc.
Should i buy the ipad 4 now and wait for the 2nd gen mini or should i buy the mini and wait for the iPad 5 because my use of the mini doesnt require a lot of power?

-Shahrez

Sorry about posting this on the accessories forum too. that was by mistake.

ManUMark

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2012
Would you buy two cars? One for the motorway and one for in town perhaps. The mini is a iPad but smaller and a sihty screen to boot. Apple makes its products so people feel the need to get multiple items that do 95% of what they have already. Anyone who has both the mini and full size would never play a game on the smaller version BTW.

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California
Would you buy two cars? One for the motorway and one for in town perhaps. The mini is a iPad but smaller and a sihty screen to boot. Apple makes its products so people feel the need to get multiple items that do 95% of what they have already. Anyone who has both the mini and full size would never play a game on the smaller version BTW.

You know... The screen on the iPad mini only seems "*******" to you because you are used to the retina screen that the iPhone, iPad (3+), MB (2012+) has.

OP: the screen on the mini is just fine. I think you would enjoy the mini with or without the retina screen.

Last edited:

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

The screen on the mini looks fine to me. Better than my iPad2 for sure. Of course it's not as crisp as my iPhone 4S, but it's close enough.

If I had the choice between using a full sized ipad vs the mini for any extended period of time, I'd pick the mini every time.

Anyway, OP, I'd get the mini first. It's an awesome little tablet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.