Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.Asa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!
Hello everyone
For a school project, I need to access yahoo finance on my iPad, but unfortunately, yahoo gives me the shrunken-down tablet version of the site. It won't let me do everything I need.
I am wondering if anyone knows how to make it load the full site?

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
I don't have an iPad but access the full site all the time on my iPhone. If you go to finance.yahoo.com it does indeed default to the mobile site. However, if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page you should see

View: Mobile | Desktop

Just tap the Desktop link and you will be taken to the full site. Also, if you link to specific pages on the site, those should be completely shown. I have a link to my portfolio that I view all the time on my phone and it's the same thing that I see on my laptop.

.Asa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!
I need to create a portfolio, with some sort of custom view. The create new portfolio is not the same as on a desktop, or at least it doesn't work the same.

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Well I access my portfolio custom view on my iPhone and it looks exactly the same as it does on my MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. You just need to use the desktop version on your iPad, as I described above.

But I don't know, maybe this is different on the iPad and iPhone? I wouldn't think so though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.