Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
I have a problem with my ipad and I believe it needs to be replaced, shell I risk just going in?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
You get lucky but to honest it sounds like they're booked solid and it may be a wasted trip. Since it friday why not wait until Sunday and not worry about it.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Thanks for the reply, because I was within the 14 day return window I got seen instantly :)

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
So if someone's iPhone craps out, and there's not an appointment until Sunday, are they just supposed to go without a phone for 3 days, even if they're outside the return window (but still within warranty)?

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
They can only see so many people, geniuses are better when they are allowed a few hours sleep a day and maybe the time to eat. You could deal with the problem by phone and post if you wanted or just wait a couple of days

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I have had 2 genius bar appt. in the last 2 weeks here and got in right away. I also go during middle of week when less traffic. Weekends are impossible to get unless you book minimum a week ahead. Mostly what I see though is iPhone or MBA being looked at. They also deal with a lot of idiots. One guy wanted a new iPhone because his dropped 1% of the calls he made. Which was approx. 200 calls a week. So because he dropped 2 calls a week, he said phone was no good. Another lady could not get her new iPhone to turn on. She said it just shut down on her and would not start up again. She had not charged it and battery was dead. All I could do was laugh inside and understand why appt. were hard to get.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.