Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcburrows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Bristol
Tried to log into macapp store today to purchase an app. States there was an unknown error and my password was wrong. Have not changed my password and use 1password. However typed it in manually - still no joy. Went through password change process with apple ID - which I could log in to! Changed password and then tried to re log in manually - no joy. Restarted mac, tried again, no joy. Anyone else having this issue, or had this issue and have a solution? I would like to give Apple some more of my money, but I am suspecting that they feel they have enough and hence don't want it anymore?

Thanks in advance.

blatopilot

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2011
Tried to log into macapp store today to purchase an app. States there was an unknown error and my password was wrong. Have not changed my password and use 1password. However typed it in manually - still no joy. Went through password change process with apple ID - which I could log in to! Changed password and then tried to re log in manually - no joy. Restarted mac, tried again, no joy. Anyone else having this issue, or had this issue and have a solution? I would like to give Apple some more of my money, but I am suspecting that they feel they have enough and hence don't want it anymore?

Thanks in advance.

Can you sign in to the itunes store? If so, sign in and check to make sure your credit card data is correct (including expiration date).

You could try deleting the app store plist from your user library and then restarting, though I don't know how much success will come from that: (Library/Cookies/com.apple.appstore.plist)

You could try creating a new user account in system preferences and attempting to sign in to the App store with your credentials while logged into the new account.

You could try signing in while in safe mode (restart the computer, hold SHIFT before the blue screen appears. Everything will be slow so don't worry about that).

The app store has been a mess in general for the last year so these are troubleshooting suggestions.

nselbst

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2013
can't download from App store

Everytime I try to download an app from the App Store I keep getting this message:
we couldn't completer your request
there was an error in app store.
please try again later (13)

even when I try to download upgrades of purchased items or free apps.

I should mantion: there is no problem with my user and password

I wish someone can help...:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.