Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Why does calendar notification disappear on it's own? for example if I have appointment at 8am and if I check my phone at 2pm. The notification doesn't show at all. does the calendar notification go away after couple hrs it shows up?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
anyway to keep the notifications? I use it to remind myself with stuff I need to get done.

Why don't you just use the Reminders app?

That would solve your issue..you can schedule them and until you mark it complete it will remain in your notifications.

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Why don't you just use the Reminders app?

That would solve your issue..you can schedule them and until you mark it complete it will remain in your notifications.

cause I like the interface of calendar and I use it as a calendar. I just need the notification up till I finish the work. calendar is so much easier to use than reminders.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
cause I like the interface of calendar and I use it as a calendar. I just need the notification up till I finish the work. calendar is so much easier to use than reminders.

Why not just extend the time to keep it current?

dnelms

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2011
McGee's Crossroads, NC

Why not set you up a Google calendar, sync it with your iPhone calendar? You can still schedule, edit, etc on both or one, but past events stay on the calendar. I had an Android phone before the iPhone 5, so I had all the Google service setup. I have not missed a beat with it, just synced everything to show on the iPhone.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Just to add here. You could make it an all day event. That will keep it on your calendar all day. Maybe put the actual time in the notes.

Second, if it's something that occurs regularly you could also make it a recurring event.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
This is one of the few reasons I still jailbreak my phone. Lockinfo and Intelliscreen X offer the option to have your upcoming calendar events pasted on your lockscreen.

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
does the reminder app notfication goes away after I set up the alarm?

The reminder will remain in the list until you check it off as completed. This sounds like a good tool for you. You'll develop a habit of regularly checking Reminders instead of relying on Notifications which can always be dismissed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.