Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amblinman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Hey all

I will be joining the ranks of Mac owners in a few weeks for the first time, and I'm beyond excited. However, I've been trying to research the easiest way to transfer all of my iTunes content from my pc to my iMac and I haven't found precisely what I'm looking for. Is that because there is no one easy method to do this?

I'd rather not have to drag the pc and the new Mac into an Apple store and have a Genius do it, so any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I purchased an external hard drive, backed up my iTunes library to that and when I got my iMac, hooked it up and loaded it on to it.

JSchwage

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2006
Rochester, NY
I am also a new switcher. This article helped me a lot in migrating all of my music from my Windows machine to my new MacBook. Also, the method they give also keeps all of your play counts, ratings, and all other song data intact when transferring your songs from your PC to your Mac.

Hope that helps!

Amblinman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Thanks for all the great suggestions, guys. It sounds like an ethernet cable will be the most painless way to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.