Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enochpeng

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
I don't know why that the Adium messenger just puts my MBA on fire especially when I try to type in Chinese....

Any thoughts? The app reacts so slowly

dahcheet

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
Harrisburg, PA
I don't know why that the Adium messenger just puts my MBA on fire especially when I try to type in Chinese....

Any thoughts? The app reacts so slowly

I haven't tried typing in any other language other than English. I've done some pretty hefty chatting and haven't noticed any problems.

Falldog

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2008
No problems here, either. I've been using it more or less every day since I got my Air (1.6/80), and I've had no problems at all. I don't use Chinese character sets, though, so I don't know if it's that making the difference.

holsinger

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
Did you ever get an answer?

I'm having the exact same problem. Does anyone know what to do about this issue? I hadn't used Adium in about a month. Then, I tried to start the program and it took almost two hours and all my system resources to start. The hang up took place during the account loading phase. I've never had a program do this. I threw out the app and downloaded it again and still have the same problem. Thoughts? Could it be one of my contacts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.