Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adrianaziz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
I have purchased episodes of House from the itunes store recently
and when I tried to put them onto my ipod, which is a ipod video 80G
is simply said , was not copied to the ipod because it cannot be played on this ipod. So I thought my ipod wasn't up to date but I checked and it was. The stranger part is the other TV shows I have gotten from itunes have loaded.
Help would be very much appreciated.
:]

adrianaziz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
it said they cannot be converted
because its a protected file and cannot be coverted to another file type

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
According to http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1497 anything purchased from the iTunes Store should be sync-able to a video-capable iPod, with the exception of HD content, which I'm pretty sure can only be bought from an Apple TV. Very curious...

No, you can buy HD TV shows, but they download as two files - a HD for computer/Apple TV and SD for iPods. iTunes is supposed to know what file to sync.

adrianaziz, did you download HD shows? Check the contents of the iTunes folder containing the shows - do you have two versions of the file? Is iTunes up-to-date?

tangerinegurl15

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2010
house episodes

I had this exact same problem trying to download house. When you go to the Itunes store go to quick links and it'll say support click on that and it'll take you to this thing that says you have one item able to be download and it'll have the option to download now. click that and then after its done it should have two copies like they mentioned before and sync your ipod like your normally would this worked for me

hman326

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2010
Thank you, problem solved!

Thank you tangerinegurl15!

I searched threads on this topic for about an hour till finding your solution and it worked for me. There are many other threads out there, people with same problem. Yours is the solution, if the video/podcast/whatever was bought on itunes. I joined this forum just so I could say thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.