Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kingsnapped

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I've been using mail.app for my Yahoo mail account since I got my powerbook without a hitch. Suddenly, mail has been asking for my password every five minutes (even when I check the box) and is not collecting new mail.

I went to mail.yahoo.com to confirm my password and there were five or six new messages waiting for me. Could it have something to do with 10.3.3? Anybody else having these problems? Any fixes? Any help would be appreciated.

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
Canada
Was it just one isolated incident or has the problem been ongoing for quite some time? I used to get annoyed when Mail would, all of a sudden, ask me for my password and then claim it was wrong. Later, I figured out that the servers were down (or something) at those times.

Maybe it will be okay tomorrow.

Squire

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
Yeah, I had problems like you describe and they just went away...be patient and put the mail away to send later. It should fix itself.

Kingsnapped

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I repaired permissions yesterday, and all that changed was iPhoto. It was going on for a couple days.. but it seems to be behaving again. I'll let you know if it keeps asking.

About2SwitchOvr

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2004
Boston
YAHOO MAIL SETUP with Mac's MAIL app?

Kingsnapped said:
I repaired permissions yesterday, and all that changed was iPhoto. It was going on for a couple days.. but it seems to be behaving again. I'll let you know if it keeps asking.

I just got this iMac, and wanted to see if I can use Mac's MAIL program with my Yahoo account. While setting up, I guess I don't know the MAIL SERVER, and whether or not it's POP or the other types (not in front of the MAC now..) Also, do I have to upgrade to YAHOO MAIL PLUS, because all I'm using now is the free YAHOO mail version...

THANKS!!!! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.