Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jinsou

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
Seriously, how can they offer a service for which they say delivery is 2-3 business days and it's been 10(business days) and i still haven't gotten my package: check this out

Processed through Sort Facility, August 05, 2009, 1:06 am, KEARNY, NJ 07032
Processed through Sort Facility, August 04, 2009, 11:21 pm, KEARNY, NJ 07032
Processed through Sort Facility, July 29, 2009, 2:10 pm, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Processed through Sort Facility, July 27, 2009, 7:55 pm, KEARNY, NJ 07032
Acceptance, July 27, 2009, 10:22 am, BAYONNE, NJ

IT HASN'T EVEN LEFT THE STATE.... JEEZ :/

has anyone else had this problem...

Jin

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Their tracking service is not so good. It lists the machine that I am typing on as still in a sort facility, grant it, it arrived a couple of hours ago - in general had nothing but good experiences.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Their tracking service is not so good. It lists the machine that I am typing on as still in a sort facility, grant it, it arrived a couple of hours ago - in general had nothing but good experiences.

QFT.

USPS tracking is useless. It's not even tracking, they don't call it that. It's called delivery confirmation, it's only designed for you to find out if a package has been delivered or not, nothing else. Any tracking info on their site should be taken with a grain of salt.

Greedo

Jul 26, 2009
^^ exactly. i like to think of USPS tracking more as an illusion - they make you think you see something, but, its not real. i am convinced it is there just to give the same appearance of tracking that FedEx, etc. does to try and be competitive.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
If you paid for 2-3 days and it's been 10 already then give them a call and make a little noise about it all. Who knows, you might end up getting your shipping refunded.

But as others have said, don't go by what their website says, it is usually highly inaccurate and delayed, but if you don't have the package in you hands and it is 7 days beyond what you paid for, then give them a call.

Antares

macrumors 68000
Your experience seems to be a rare exception. I've had nothing but great experiences with Priority Mail. Now, I will agree that tracking is pretty much useless. However, delivery is often even faster than you would expect. :) There is obviously a major issue going on here. You should follow-up.

AppleLover9o

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2009
I would definitely go to the post office. There's something wrong with the package if it's bouncing around like that.

I was gonna say the same thing. I bet they lied about the weight of it to save, IMO. Then it's just being returned to sender to correct postage.

My USPS priority experiences are great. I run a small Biz and use USPS primarily as our "accessory" shipper. can beat $4.80 to ship something to Alaska in 3 days!

AL90 :apple:

djellison

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2007
Pasadena CA
International Dispatch, August 06, 2009, 5:37 pm, ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
Arrival
Electronic Shipping Info Received, August 03, 2009
Acceptance, August 03, 2009, 5:59 pm, PANAMA CITY, FL 32401

This, allegedly is "Class: Priority Mail International Parcels"

At this rate, it'll take another 50 days to cross the atlantic to the UK.

USPS - yeah - I'll be avoiding them in the future.

Meanwhile, friends ordered stuff in the US. With FedEx int.priority - it was <48hrs.

Music_Producer

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2004
Arrival

Meanwhile, friends ordered stuff in the US. With FedEx int.priority - it was <48hrs.

USPS Priority international packages take anywhere from 8 to 15 business days - next time pay the $150 or so that FedEx int. priority charges. If you can afford to wait, then USPS is the best choice.

Btw, I ship usps priority international (and domestic) on a daily basis. Have had 0 problems, yes there have been packages (maybe 1 out of 50) that will get delayed by a few days. Let's not talk about my experience with UPS that lost 3 out of 10 packages - or delivered them in an unusable state.

I always stick with USPS.

Jinsou

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
If you paid for 2-3 days and it's been 10 already then give them a call

I called a few times, and It has got to be the worst customer service lol, they speak like they are very mad at you for making that call, and what their @ $10+ an hour + benefits, I thought so.

($8.80) to be exact the amount paid...

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
My one and only experience with them was years ago, when my Canadian niece left an important school textbook behind at our house. She needed it for a test at the end of the week.

We sent it USPS overnight. She got it four days later.

lilg06

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2009
Arrival

Hey, I've ordered something from the states iswell, apparently it left the states on the 5th of December, however nothings changed since, your item flew in from MIA iswell "djellison", how long did it take in overall for you to receive it?

My Tracking Info:
Detailed Results:

Bullet International Dispatch, December 05, 2009, 9:47 pm, ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
Bullet Arrival
Bullet Acceptance, December 03, 2009, 1:57 pm, OLDSMAR, FL 34677
Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 03, 2009

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Hey, I've ordered something from the states iswell, apparently it left the states on the 5th of December, however nothings changed since, your item flew in from MIA iswell "djellison", how long did it take in overall for you to receive it?

My Tracking Info:
Detailed Results:

Bullet International Dispatch, December 05, 2009, 9:47 pm, ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
Bullet Arrival
Bullet Acceptance, December 03, 2009, 1:57 pm, OLDSMAR, FL 34677
Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 03, 2009

Are you getting that info from the USPS website? Once it leaves the US, it's no longer trackable on the USPS website, it's now in the hands of your country's postal service. If you put your tracking number on their website you might get something, I know once I mailed something via the postal service to Canada and once it crossed the border, I was able to use Canada Post's website to track it.

lilg06

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2009
Yeah, that information is from the USPS site, and heres the details on the Parcelforce site, the item is coming to me in England-London, from the states Florida.

The status of the parcel you've enquired about is displayed below.
Parcel number: CQ*********US
Service: Express 48
Last tracked at: Delivery Agent - MIAMI

Date Time Location Tracking Event
05-12-2009 21:47 Delivery Agent - MIAMI Left origin country
05-12-2009 21:22 Delivery Agent - MIAMI Arrived at Outward OE
03-12-2009 13:57 Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICA

It left the states on the the 5th, which was on Saturday, surely it would be in th UK by now?

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
Your experience seems to be a rare exception. I've had nothing but great experiences with Priority Mail. Now, I will agree that tracking is pretty much useless. However, delivery is often even faster than you would expect. :) There is obviously a major issue going on here. You should follow-up.

I ship exclusively with USPS (and not just because I work for them). My packages always arrive faster (and it costs less) than if I ship with UPS or FedEx. What really pisses me off with UPS is that they will hold onto a package until the scheduled delivery date they announce on the tracking website, even if the package arrived in my city a few days ahead of the scheduled delivery. It shouldn't (and doesn't) take three days for the package to make its way from the processing facility in my city to my apartment.

optophobia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Hudson MA
I love priority mail USPS for several reasons.
1- online print labels through paypal.
2 - can drop off at PO anytime
3 - flat rate shipping boxes makes shipping heavy stuff cheap.

Had good experiences mainly.

OP I would just be more concerned with the fact that you live in NJ, which is the main problem :cool: [/jk]

lilg06

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2009
@optophobia
have you shipped anything to the UK via USPS priority mail international??
if so on average how long did it take for a parcel to get from the states to the uk customs office?
thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.