Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SolidGun

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2004
Twin Cities
i was trying to set up iMail on my 12"PB and found it to be incompatible with Hotmail Free account. I was going to download outlook express, but the version 5 was designed for OS 9.
Can I use the iMail for Free hotmail account?
If so can someone tell me how to set it up.
Thx in advance.

SolidGun

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2004
Twin Cities
Thank you HexMonkey :D

I just got that straightened out and it is downloading all my messages right now. Thx indeed for your help.

And also many thx to the person that created the program :)

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
httpmail is great. I love not having to go to Hotmail's site to check my mail. It is so much nicer to just have it download with everything else.

jhomayne

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2004
does anyone know how to view your hotmail junkmail in mail?

i've managed to get a junk folder to appear but it remains empty when i download my messages.. meaning that i still need to go to hotmail in case something has strayed in the junk folder by accident

:confused:

CanuckGold_2002

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2004
Can one keep the inboxes from two different mail clients (hotmail and a university based mail client) in separate boxes in OSX mail? I've been trying to but can't seem to. Thanks!

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
CanuckGold_2002 said:
Can one keep the inboxes from two different mail clients (hotmail and a university based mail client) in separate boxes in OSX mail? I've been trying to but can't seem to. Thanks!

make two different folders in mail. after that goto perferences then rules and add a rule by account that sorts the mail into the folder that you made for the account.

KellyChan

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2009
"httpmail plugin - 1.53
The plugin has been withdrawn due to the fact the Microsoft is discontinuing the HTTPMail protocol on September 1st 2009."

Please advise any other ways for me to do that??:(

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA

Please advise any other ways for me to do that??:(
You may not need any extra software. MIcrosoft is rolling-out POP3 access to Windows Live Hotmail. I have it setup in Mail along with me ISP's service, MobileMe, AOL, and Gmail. Simply check for POP3 availability in your country.

Nate025

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2008
You may not need any extra software. MIcrosoft is rolling-out POP3 access to Windows Live Hotmail. I have it setup in Mail along with me ISP's service, MobileMe, AOL, and Gmail. Simply check for POP3 availability in your country.

Hey, thanks for mentioning that. Mail's downloading my inbox now! :D The last time I tried, Hotmail still needed to be upgraded for application pop3 access.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.