Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klamse25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
It's not like there's anything wrong with it...
Well besides cracked apps I guess.

ctt1wbw

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Seaford VA
Intel, Microsoft, and Matsushita also declared it illegal to partition your drive to have an EXT3 partition for Linux, since EXT3 is a modification to run unsanctioned operating systems on computers.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
There's definitely something very wrong with cracked apps, but I would like to think a majority of jailbreakers don't download cracked apps.

boston44

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2009
illegal apps of course..they make money off of apps, and AT&T makes money off of the data plan.

JUSTQUAN

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2009
att doesnt really care i think because im sure all of us have unlimited data. may not use all the talk minutes but go data insane with downloading jailbreak apps and what have you. apple of course doesnt like it because they cant make money off of it. in my opinion what is funny wasnt apple suppose to be the cool hip corporation?? you know always open for fun stuff but turn around and block the coolest apps you can put on your iphone i.e. categories.

Blinkwing

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2009
New Zealand
I JB'd my phone to theme it, remove Apple's "DRM" & to poke around the phone.

Cracked apps? I consider these "try before you buy" apps. I've actually spent a fair amount of money on apps that I want to keep using after trying the cracked version.

The rest, I've just deleted & never used them again.

djstarrock

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
UK, Scotland, Glasgow
They're basically wanted to get rid of the security holes to make the device more secure, for example if there was a hole in your house so anyone could get in you would want to fix the hole.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.