Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

random person

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Instapaper, Pages, Print Central, Weather Bug, Scrabble, 1000 Ultimate Experiences.

Plus some free ones -- IBooks, Netflix, NPR, ABC, it goes on and on!!!!!

Somebody stop me NOW please!!!:eek:

Maximillian

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
I purchased a few that I wish I hadn't. Not to self: wait to see what's out there before impulse buying.

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
I am waiting to see how the device is before I go buying up Apps for the iPad.

I did notice Apps having two version in one. That is really nice to have.

RoyalKay

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2008
Way Way Too Many

I am up to about 24 iPad apps and 5 universal apps (although 3 of the universal apps I already had on iPhone, they just updated to universal)

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I'm at 35 apps, probably spent a few hundred bucks last night.

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
I got a ton of apps to but most of them were free. I paid for At Bat: 2010, a must for me and Shredder, a good chess game. With those 2 and about 30 free ones. They have quite a few good free apps.

I hope I don't get the late delivery time tomorrow.

random person

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
I'm thinking that one reason to download key apps now is to beat the rush when everyone comes home with their new toy tomorrow! Apple isn't AT&T but still things might get overwhelming for their servers nonetheless.

stoster38

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
I'm falling behind most of you lol. So far I have 6 apps that I bought/downloaded for my iPad.

Pages
Keynote
Bento
Accuweather
Ebay
Marvel Comics

I'll probably get the MLB app as well and I'm also looking at a note taking app. I saw some of them on the Apps store yesterday but since I've never used one on my iPhone I wasn't sure which one would be good choice.

Has anyone used a note taking app on their iPhone that will be available on the iPad? If so, which one did you use and would you recommend it?

Thanks!!

seafurydriver

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2007
I have also bought quite a few (iWorks Suite, Magic Piano, lots of free stuff) but I am really tempted to buy "Things". It seems like a really nice task manager/organizer but $20 seems a little much without being able to read any reviews.

santaliqueur

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
I bought 1Password and Plants vs. Zombies. I know what to expect with those apps, so I have no problem purchasing before launch. All others I got were free.

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
Magic Piano was a must! Smule is awesome and I love them.

I had to get the Dora Coloring Book App for my daugther.

98% of the 60+ Apps though I've downloaded were free.

I am really thinking about Touch Grind HD though. Looks sweet.

macridah

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2004
Nor-Cal
I going crazy downloading apps before actually receiving my iPad, too. I only downloaded free ones for now because I ordered the 3G model. If I was going to get mine tomorrow, then I would also buy the 3 iWorks apps today.

I need to do an Eric Cartman and freeze myself instead of waiting for my iPad to come late April :p

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
I have over 45 Apps and most are free. My laptop only has free Apps at this time but at home my MacPro has a few purchased Apps, I've spent $30 so far. Pages @ $10 was my first App, no way to avoid owning it.

The picture is a shot of my Macbook Pro's free apps, 37 of them and that's not counting the dual free apps like Netflix.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    357.6 KB · Views: 92

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I'm a cheapskate. I've only bought Pages & Wolfram Alpha. I'm waiting for the inevitable price drops. Scrabble, for example, is not worth $10. Maybe $5-7.

Once I see the reviews of the various print apps I'll probably buy one of those.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
The only one I'm buying is Pages. I'll stick to upscaled iPhone apps for all the paid apps.

I did download iBooks, ABC and Netflix though.

CVC

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2005
Southern California
I personally am not buying ANY apps. We've seen the prices fluctuating a lot in the last 24 hours. Apps that were 4.99 yesterday are .99 today.

Yes, that was me. I bought WeatherBug last night for $4.99. This morning they lowered it to $.99. I emailed Apple for a refund, since I haven't even used the app yet!

I learned a valuable lesson however, and I am not buying anymore apps for a few more days and the prices stabilize and some reviews start coming out.

below sea level

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2009
The only ones I have actively downloaded are iBooks and Netflix. Three of my iPhone apps have updated into universal apps, and I'm hoping a few more will before I need them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.