Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lovemyipad

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
The iPhone 3G is 1150 mAh.

How many is the iPhone 3GS?

Will a 3GS battery work in a 3G?

Where can I buy one?

clarkkent12127

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2011
I bought the same battery as well 1600 mah

I bought this 1600 mah battery for my iPhone 3G
I have not received it yet but when I do I'll install third party software along with the battery and I'll do testing on it for about a week
Then I'll up date this post and let you guys know the Result's
I'm exspexding about any ware from 1-2hours more battery life then the Original I shod have this battery by the 23rd and if you are wondering how much I paid for it under $3.00 us Dollars on eBay Straight from the source china. I'm starting to wonder if the battery well make my iPhone go boom lol
I'll let you guys know

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

That sounds too good to be true......Do they also make an iPhone 4 battery with a higher capacity? Got a link?

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
I bought this 1600 mah battery for my iPhone 3G
I have not received it yet but when I do I'll install third party software along with the battery and I'll do testing on it for about a week
Then I'll up date this post and let you guys know the Result's
I'm exspexding about any ware from 1-2hours more battery life then the Original I shod have this battery by the 23rd and if you are wondering how much I paid for it under $3.00 us Dollars on eBay Straight from the source china. I'm starting to wonder if the battery well make my iPhone go boom lol
I'll let you guys know

I bought this battery and it didn't work out for me. The battery caused restarts of the phone every 3-5 minutes. Then when taking it out to put the stock battery back on, I accidently broke the camera. So be careful.

Also even if your battery does work, I've heard reports of 60-70% rated capacity, so don't expect any better battery life. Break even if you're lucky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.