Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjn419

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
what are you guys doing? not having screen protection seems risks but this thing sucks

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Going without a case for the time being. I'm thinking of a black bumper but we'll see what happens.. I'll probably wait for the first scratch before investing in a case.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I would try a hard plastic protector like Power Support, they feel more like the glass than the rubbery types.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
I'm going naked, as I always have. There might be a few minor scratches on the back eventually, but my screens are always flawless, even after 2 years of use.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Never put a skin on the screen. If you feel you must go film, i.e. powersupport. Skins are best for the sides/back if you feel it necessary.

Got me a bumper this morning. That's all I'll be using.

street89

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Funnily enough i've JUST installed my Zagg invisible shield (the full body version) and i think its amazing. Having said that I do agree, it doesn't feel as nice the naked screen but then that is worth it to prevent a scratch. It was difficult to install or should i say it takes a while but i have no bubbles or dust underneath.

RobNYC

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2008
New York, NY
I always had a screen protector on mine. It totally saved me at one point when I accidentally banged the screen on a concrete pylon.

marv117

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
ugh! i just installed zagg invisible shield and it feels and looks horrible. It has a weird filmy look to it. I had this static cling type protector on my old iphone and it was so much better. I have to find the packaging as I don't remember the brand/company.

I still want the screen protector but definitely not this one from zagg.

Is there a way to return this for full refund at bestbuy? I'm so disappointed. :mad:

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I have the InvisibleShield on my new phone, and it looks and feels wonderful to me. Of course, I used my wife's new phone as the test run, and ended up with more bubbles and lint stuck to the film than I'd hoped. By the time I got to mine, I had the routine down cold.

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
I saw a dude with some film over his iphone. It looks and feels terrible! Why would you ruin this thing with that 30 cents nonsense.

Enjoy your phone people. It's gonna get scratched who cares, in 12 months you'll have a new one :)

Goodfella3.2

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Do any of the stores have any cases left on the shelves?

I was going to go commando but i'm afraid of dropping this thing.

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
I always hated the Invisible Shields, pre-order a Power Support (they will be out in 2 to 3 weeks) They feel the closest to nothing.

Lexoticstylez02

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2007
Orlando, Florida
ugh! i just installed zagg invisible shield and it feels and looks horrible. It has a weird filmy look to it. I had this static cling type protector on my old iphone and it was so much better. I have to find the packaging as I don't remember the brand/company.

I still want the screen protector but definitely not this one from zagg.

Is there a way to return this for full refund at bestbuy? I'm so disappointed. :mad:

Let it sit for 24 hours; it will look much better once the adhesive settles. It won't disappear.. but it will lessen.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
Naked right now, but a bumper is on its way. I usually start out with a case for a few months then end up going without.

41qser

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
I want to Best Buy today, had them apply the front and back invisibleShield.

My Bumper showed up from FedEx today too.

That is my solution for now: Bumper +invisibleShields.

When the Otterbox Defender is released, I'll re-evaluate.

ludawg23

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
Man, you Zagg owners should have done your research.

Wrapsol, Power Support and Best Skins ever FTW!!!

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Waiting on my bumper and my Wrapsol within the next few days. I would NEVER put Invisible Shield on anything. I'm not into the orange peel effect...

Also pre-ordering the Power Support Crystal film because I've had great experience with it on my 1st gen and my 3G. Ordering it...just in case...

Right now, I have a cheap 5 buck bumper I bought from Meritline a few weeks ago. Fits perfectly...rubberized...made for iPhone 4...

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
Got my bumper from fedex today and a Clear Coat shield installed at the mall this evening. I'm disappointed with the Clear Coat (it's just like the Zagg). It feels tacky and rubbery, when I swipe my finger sticks a little. I plan on getting a powersupport film. Do you think the antiglare will dustirt the retina display? I used a PS antiglare on my 3GS and I loved it. I might be going with crystal so it feels more like glass though. I just really wish I could get a refund on this clear coat. Maybe it will feel better after 24 hours?

marv117

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
Let it sit for 24 hours; it will look much better once the adhesive settles. It won't disappear.. but it will lessen.

it did lessen. looks a little better, but I personally hate the orange peel look.

Hoping that Bestbuy will take this back used. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.