Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harshawii

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2010
That is true, 23 is a hardware error indicator, but since this is months old, they probably have it resolved by now.

I've got the same issue... but what makes this worse is my warranty is up, I cant even get it replaced by apple. :mad:

harshawii

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2010
Wow... ok, well I just fixed my phone. After a million attempts and trying everything I've read here... Its working now. Here's what I've tried so far...

Once I unplugged my headphones at the gym, I look down at my phone and it says No Service. I reboot my phone and it says connect to itunes. I get home connect to itunes and it wont restore / update. Gives me Error 23. I reboot my phone all I get is slide for emergency. I was able to get back into my phone with blackrain, I do a reset in settings. After the progress is completed my phone reboots... then keeps rebooting every few minutes. I tried connecting to itunes again and still error 23. I tried redsnow, it would get all the way to the activation part and halt. I tried with another PC, Same problems. I took my phone into the apple store the next day, they said there was nothing wrong with my hardware. There is nothing they can do because its outta warranty. I go home pissed off and try the same steps again. I called apple support and there was nothing he could do for me over the phone. He suggest a removal of itunes and a fresh install. Which I did... by the time I was able to get itunes reinstalled my phone wouldn't power on anymore. I plugged my phone into the wall charger and left it in untill I came into work tonight. Posted on here a hour or so ago to keep this thread alive. Got curious to see if I could get this **** to work so I tried it again... and it works. So maybe a new install of itunes fixes the issue? or just leaving your phone alone lol!??! who knows.. hopefully this helps others out there. Good Luck!!!

mrdarkcastle

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2010
Error code 23 fixed

I found the solution in my case

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 3g Iphone would not come on unless plugged in to a computer and only gave the apple screen when it was. I was getting the code 23 in both recovery and DFU mode. I tried multiple computers and operating systems and still got the error. If i had thought about it unstead of being stressed I would have figured out the solution much faster.

Code 23 is an error connecting to Itunes so the best way is to narrow down what coule be causing the problem.

#1 Itunes corrupt software
#2 Corrupt USB drivers or a bad usb port.
#3 A bad Iphone usb cable
#4 A bad data port on the IPhone the cable was connecting to (This was my problem).

I also replaced the battery when I broke it down this far and I doubt this was part of the problem but, when I did replace it and the data port everything was fine again.

I tried many different things and started to catch on when using iTunnel and winscp and it would lose connection.

I wish you all the best of luck finding the answer to your problem and hope this helps someone else out there.

Bettz1

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2010
Leicester,UK
I found the solution in my case

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 3g Iphone would not come on unless plugged in to a computer and only gave the apple screen when it was. I was getting the code 23 in both recovery and DFU mode. I tried multiple computers and operating systems and still got the error. If i had thought about it unstead of being stressed I would have figured out the solution much faster.

Code 23 is an error connecting to Itunes so the best way is to narrow down what coule be causing the problem.

#1 Itunes corrupt software
#2 Corrupt USB drivers or a bad usb port.
#3 A bad Iphone usb cable
#4 A bad data port on the IPhone the cable was connecting to (This was my problem).

I also replaced the battery when I broke it down this far and I doubt this was part of the problem but, when I did replace it and the data port everything was fine again.

I tried many different things and started to catch on when using iTunnel and winscp and it would lose connection.

I wish you all the best of luck finding the answer to your problem and hope this helps someone else out there.

I'm in the process of doing a battery change fingers crossed mine's outta warranty aswell so can't do any harm if this doesnt work i'll pay the out of replacement charge.

alexwozere10

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
Hey Cova, I called today a store in chinatown that fix, unlocks Iphones and they said they are familiar with the problem. They charge 55 to fix. I ll probably head there if I cannot find another solution.

hey do they still repair them for 55 or have you found a fix many thanks

nickyg22

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2011
150£ conn

Hi
I had the same problem with my iphone 3g at first it overheated and came up with the warning screen "i-phone needs to cool down before use" this would not let me restore the phone in either "DFU" or "Restore" mode. i google my little fingers off trying to find a solution near every post i looked at said take the phone back to apple. Well i was out of warrenty and apple wanted 150£ to fix the phone :eek: i was like no way can buy one from ebay for less than that.
so i tried my self i opened the I-Phone removed the front half then took the ciruit board out i then cleaned off all the connectors i could see.

After putting the phone back together it aloud me to charge, and Restore in itunes but i was still getting the over heated warning screen :confused::mad: so i opend the phone once more and took off the metal protection plates over the chips on the motherboard cleaned the phone down with cotton swabs (buds)

put the phone back together and it works fine now updated switched on and working fine

hope this helps any one else that may be stuck with this problem:D

veranice

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2011
I registered just so I can reply. I spent almost a whole day trying to figure this one out and I attempted to replace the battery and low and behold!

Working!! didn't even have to restore. Came back up good as new!!

why can't it just say "error 23 Replace your battery Fool!"

Veranice:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.