Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
Post optical illusions or magic eye pics
crazyillusion.jpg

illusion.jpg

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
MacFan26 said:
Dang! I don't think I could have that on my desktop for too long. Let us know if you pass out or not :D
I took it off after half an hour. My eyes really started to hurt and water. Even though it was behind all my windows it still made me a little dizzy. :D

Kingsnapped

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
My link is very cool.. but it's a (tasteful) naked lady. You may not want to check it out at work/with the kids, but it's awesome if you follow the directions right. Be sure to literally cross your eyes, then let the image come together. Make sure your mouse/any stray windows aren't in the way.

link

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Kingsnapped said:
My link is very cool.. but it's a (tasteful) naked lady. You may not want to check it out at work/with the kids, but it's awesome if you follow the directions right. Be sure to literally cross your eyes, then let the image come together. Make sure your mouse/any stray windows aren't in the way.

link
Praytell how did you stumble upon this site, whist thou was searching for bible passages me hopes.

snowdog

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2004
Visby, Sweden
Kingsnapped said:

link

Very impressive!

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Kingsnapped said:

link
It works well for me, which is surprising considering I can never normally do magic eye type things. It also turns my 12" PB into a 15 or 17" widescreen!

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I want this one as wallpaper (not the desktop, but the paper kind you put on real walls).
parall4.gif

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
any idea how i can make one of those 3d images myself?? it seems i should be able to as there is just a slight difference in color between the two...
looking at her hair (and other body parts) was amazingly insanely crazily awesome :eek:

reality

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
realityisterror said:
any idea how i can make one of those 3d images myself?? it seems i should be able to as there is just a slight difference in color between the two...
looking at her hair (and other body parts) was amazingly insanely crazily awesome :eek:

reality

I think the only way to do it properly is with a stereoscope-- two lenses positioned slightly apart, at the same depth... since humans see depth by comparing the two images that come in, 3 inches apart, and analyzing the difference... if you take two pictures this far apart, at the same time, and then cross your eyes so that your left eye looks at the left image, and right eye looks at the right image,, your brain receives the image in true stereoscope and makes the depth adjustments in your own head. That's why it becomes 3D.

Of course, since it's easier to cross your eyes than to separate them, they reverse the left and right photos, but your brain doesn't realize.

You can, however, create simple examples with drawings, and if you were skilled you could probably digitally enhance a single photo into two that gave the illusion of stereoscope...

paul

ChrisFromCanada

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
Kingsnapped said:

link

Does anybody have any more of these? They are so cool!

JLS

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2004
Kent, England
Kingsnapped said:

link

This is SO not working for me.... I just stare and stare and it becomes a horrible mess. :(

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Kingsnapped said:

link
NICE link - best all month.

Personally 3D didn't work for me. My eyes hurt trying to do it (lately I cannot go full cross like I used to). BUT MY EYES felt MUCH better looking straight.

That girl is FINE!

Me I don't want to be crossed eyed looking at her, I wanna see DOUBLE! ;)

toezter

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2004
Madison, WI
Kingsnapped said:

link

i wish i could do this forever :)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
iMeowbot said:
I want this one as wallpaper (not the desktop, but the paper kind you put on real walls).
parall4.gif

I'd love to see what this would do in a room - it might make you totally nuts - maybe just one wall....

Ugh, I'm dizzy from all of this now - probably shouldn't have any more wine....

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.